GL1800Riders Forums banner

I am liking the GW!

1K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  dhawk 
#1 ·
Well it was a nice day yesterday. I really needed to mow the lawn (smallest dog almost got lost, luckly the tail showed where she was!) but decided to take the wing out for a ride. Couldn't 'go' far because of being on call for the hospital, but got in about 75 miles.

Saturday going to Carrollton, Ga (about 3hrs aways) and back, so it'll be fun to do that trip.

I tell ya I feel like I am riding a leather recliner down the road!

Have a good one!
Kevin

#9 ·
My son calls them "Couch Rockets".

But, you should have gotten an ORANGE one.... ;)

How's that cruise control?

Did you try the "reverse" yet?
The VTX was an Orange one. I prefer FSU or USF or TN...LOL

Haven't tried the Cruise control yet, but planning to saturday.

Reverse is awsome!! I wasn't sure if I would like it but it a cool feature.

Thanks,
KevTN

#11 ·
300 miles yesterday, no grass cutting! I feel your pain!:agree:

#12 ·
You probably have the Lawn Mower Blade Sett to High.
Better check it.
Didn't your Mother tell you to go outside and play and ride your Bike?
Enjoy it. It only gets better.

#14 ·
Every nice day that comes around I have a list of "chores" that need doing. Have to walk past the bikes to start any of them and it seems that's about as far as I get and the chores are left waiting. Tell the wife I can always cut the grass tomorrow but the Wing hasn't been out in 3 days (was riding the other bikes) and it's not good for it to sit up so long. Have to take a "maintenance" ride.

#15 ·
damn it man, your killing me ! lol I hate waiting and can be child like, I will not get to ride my new wing til tomorrow, if all goes better than today, blasted weather ! lol this means another night of not sleeping , this is worse than being a kid at Christmas !!!!!!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: auggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!! lol but you go ahead and enjoy your new ride while some of us suffer ! lol

#16 ·
A little boastful

I'm an extremely fortunate man. While you might be debating cutting the grass versus riding your Goldwing, hear this. My wife insisted I get rid of the tractor and hire someone to cut the grass as a condition to her approving the purchase!

Dear Lord, thank you for granting me such a woman!

Amen

Before you ask; yes, she has a sister, but the sister is looney.

#17 ·
I'm an extremely fortunate man. While you might be debating cutting the grass versus riding your Goldwing, hear this. My wife insisted I get rid of the tractor and hire someone to cut the grass as a condition to her approving the purchase!

Dear Lord, thank you for granting me such a woman!

Amen

Before you ask; yes, she has a sister, but the sister is looney.

Does she have a sister? ;)

#18 ·
damn it man, your killing me ! lol I hate waiting and can be child like, I will not get to ride my new wing til tomorrow, if all goes better than today, blasted weather ! lol this means another night of not sleeping , this is worse than being a kid at Christmas !!!!!!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: auggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!! lol but you go ahead and enjoy your new ride while some of us suffer ! lol
Whew, I thought it was only me. Losing sleep is one thing but have you ever spent the nighr propped up on a lawn chair in your garage and cracked a 6 pack just so you could look at your new toy? If yes, you may be my long lost brother.
That feeling doesn't go away BTW! ;) Have fun and enjoy.

#20 ·
I can understand how you feel. Got the wing 2years ago, that was the last time my yard has had regular mowing and care. mow the yard or go for a ride?????? not much of a decision:thumbup::doorag:

#22 ·
Got off work early yesterday, mowed the yard while wife finished up her job. Then we took a ride up through Dunlap and came back via East Valley Rd into Jasper. Not a long ride but very therapeutic, and was a nice break from the rain.

#23 ·
Doug, mine is not home yet, but after Friday I may try the all night gazing deal, does sound like something I would do, lol T,-- 8 and 1/2 hours to go, lol then the fun part, 550 mile ride home, man I can not hardly stand it, lol who needs sleep, heck I will be under the dirt a long time, I can rest then, lol :thumbup::cool:

#25 ·
Hmmm...can I trade up my wife for one of ya'lls LOL.

Hoping is doesn't rain today and I am going to just cut the front. (grass is too wet....Right!! ) Wife and little one is going out of town for a softball tourney and I am on call although I got someone to cover my call for tomorrow. (actuallly I didn't try to hard to have someone cover me sunday) that way I can take the wing with me!!! First road trip. About 2.5hrs each way!! I am really looking forward to it!!!

Joseppy: I love taking Jasper Mtn, go by Foster Falls, through tracy City, Grutley Lauger, to Palmer, down Whitwell Mtn.

Thanks for all the feed back!!

KevTN

#26 ·
Oldest daughter has her degree in "Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Design" - I let the Pros do it!

Hope to see all of you guys in a couple weeks (April 18) at the Tennessee Lunch Run in Fall Creek Falls!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.