Image In Picture May Appear Closer Than It Really Is

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm, thinking it's on its way up.....or at least lets hope so! :shock:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Kikker that's a C-17 and I suspect that's Bagrum Airbase. At least from the pictures I've seen. Neat picture though.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
CAPTION: When they said 30 mins or our pizza was free, I never imagined...

·
Registered
490 Posts
If this is like Ohio, the road should have finished months ago !!!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
C17 Globemaster III, appears to be on takeoff. She can take off and land on runways as short as 3,000 feet and as narrow as 90 feet wide and is capable of a complete a 180-degree star turn in 80ft. The aircraft can also carry out routine backing. A fully loaded aircraft is capable of backing up a 2% gradient slope using the directed flow thrust reversers. It also does not need a poaved runway. If you do a search you will find photos of it taking off and landing in the desert.

I worked on that program for almost 10 years. Sad to think it may come to an end soon, its one hell of an aircraft.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joseph said:
C17 Globemaster III, appears to be on takeoff. She can take off and land on runways as short as 3,000 feet and as narrow as 90 feet wide and is capable of a complete a 180-degree star turn in 80ft. The aircraft can also carry out routine backing. A fully loaded aircraft is capable of backing up a 2% gradient slope using the directed flow thrust reversers. It also does not need a poaved runway. If you do a search you will find photos of it taking off and landing in the desert.

I worked on that program for almost 10 years. Sad to think it may come to an end soon, its one hell of an aircraft.
I agree on the landing. Its gonna be close.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"How did they get it to stand on end like that?"

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
They did it durring the summer solstice. First they stood an egg on its end, then moved on to bigger things.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Let's see - caption for the first shot - "Should have let the SeaBees finish this one!"

Caption for the second shot - "I wish Mustang would quit doing 180s around the bow of this carrier!"

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
"How did they get it to stand on end like that?"

NAVY FINDS NEW WAY TO STORE MORE PLANES ON AIRCRAFT CARRIERS.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The pilot is doing his low altitude flying practice, and those guys are there to make it seem real. :shock:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
First Pic: "Slow Men Working"

Second Pic: "There's a spot... Just to your right next to the helicopter and close to the door"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts