GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys on this forum are so bad.....:22yikes:...stop modifying your bikes...its like keeping up with the Jones'...Here I go...dam tirerack.com...just costed me another $176 for a tire....and I hate those mini coopers...they're ugly.....

Having Fun...tire should be here in two days :lol:....let you know when it is on the bike.....I found a thread to disable the TPMS on my bike....(thanks (name to remain secret)) it will take some rewiring...but do able....

:?: Did you guys mount the tire on the bike using the center stand or laying the bike on it's side....I know its a tight squeeze...what works better....

Dam...its like two days before Santa comes....give'm more horse (deer) power so he can deliver the tire sooner....

Safe Rides....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
ct mounting

Due to the high probability of having to wiggle and shove a little, I prefer to change mine laying the bike on the right side. Be sure to remove your right hi-way peg if you have one to prevent damage
If you're not familiar with the sequence, loosen the lugs, lay the bike over, shove it over a little further so you can get the center stand down. This will get the back wheel off the ground, take off the lug nuts and tire, put the new one on and hand tighten the nuts, put the center stand up, pick the bike up and put it back on the center stand and tighter nuts to 80 lbs. Done
PS: Put some carpet of something on the right side for protection.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
You guys on this forum are so bad.....:22yikes:...stop modifying your bikes...its like keeping up with the Jones'...Here I go...dam tirerack.com...just costed me another $176 for a tire....and I hate those mini coopers...they're ugly.....

Having Fun...tire should be here in two days :lol:....let you know when it is on the bike.....I found a thread to disable the TPMS on my bike....(thanks (name to remain secret)) it will take some rewiring...but do able....

:?: Did you guys mount the tire on the bike using the center stand or laying the bike on it's side....I know its a tight squeeze...what works better....

Dam...its like two days before Santa comes....give'm more horse (deer) power so he can deliver the tire sooner....

Safe Rides....
Lay the big girl down and slap in the the tire:thumbup: Merry Xmas

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Get it on, ride, enjoy and never look back! JMHO

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! MINI's ARE NOT ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh yea, lay her down, if you have highway pegs use a 2x6 or 2x4 to lay the engine guards on so you don't have to remove or mess them up.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome!
You're gonna love it.

I put the old gal up on blocks and removed both wheels at the same time.
YMMV.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: ride that thang!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How Long Can She Lay On Her Side

OK...Got the ups notification...tire to arrive Friday morning (cross your fingers)....

:?: I am going to use the lay-over method....ONE Question: No to little gas in tank...How long can I leave the bike laying on it's side in regards to OIL leaking into engine....???:shrug:

I have to lay the bike over...remove tire/rim...and then go to work...after work stop by the dealer who is willing to mount and balance it (he has done several other CT's around Milwaukee WI area)...thus bike will be on her side for at least 12-14 hours...any concerns????

Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
OK...Got the ups notification...tire to arrive Friday morning (cross your fingers)....

:?: I am going to use the lay-over method....ONE Question: No to little gas in tank...How long can I leave the bike laying on it's side in regards to OIL leaking into engine....???:shrug:

I have to lay the bike over...remove tire/rim...and then go to work...after work stop by the dealer who is willing to mount and balance it (he has done several other CT's around Milwaukee WI area)...thus bike will be on her side for at least 12-14 hours...any concerns????

Thanks.....
Many have left it lay sleeping quitely overnight ,you should be good :thumbup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to the darkside

Man I've only had my kumho 195/55/16 on for a week about 800 mile just to and from work rain and heat. Love it. Where do you get the decal I got a # 1051." ride it like it's stolen!"

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Man I've only had my kumho 195/55/16 on for a week about 800 mile just to and from work rain and heat. Love it. Where do you get the decal I got a # 1051." ride it like it's stolen!"
PM, T J Ranch. He will let you know what you need to do!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
No problem with leaving it resting on side.

I have also found that I can easily break the lugs loose while the bike is on it's side BEFORE I put the center stand down. The tire contacts the ground to provide enough traction to keep wheel from moving (I left it in gear just in case).

Same for torquing the lugs down. Drop center stand and then torque the lugs to 80ft/lbs, tilt the bike up right and off ya go.

Oh, use a sheet of wax paper on the left top side of the tire and it'll slide in past the left wheel well protrusion super easy. :thumbup:

Good luck!

Thanks.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts