GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while ago, I posted a question about w...s...com and shouldn't have. A fellow member pm'd me that I shouldn't post links to a non sponsor competitor. I do apologize.

For what it's worth, the membership is not worth it. For 3 items totalling ~$650, the VIP discount was $30; not even 5%.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
You know what? I do not see any need for an apology. May not be in the greatest taste, but whoever sent you the PM should mind his own business. I see postings about them all the time here.

As for the club, a lot of people have figured this out. However, since you are already a member, you have a year to use it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
A little while ago, I posted a question about w...s...com and shouldn't have. A fellow member pm'd me that I shouldn't post links to a non sponsor competitor. I do apologize.

For what it's worth, the membership is not worth it. For 3 items totalling ~$650, the VIP discount was $30; not even 5%.
I agree with you, not need to apologize. I hate dealers that want you to buy a membership to get a better price. But my wife does belong to BJ's and Sam's.

·
Registered
768 Posts
No Apology is Necessary!

I think it would be foolish to think that every purchase I (and everyone else on the board) make has to be from Direct Line. Yes I always consider them when shopping for parts but there certainly are other vendors worthy of consideration too! I don't think everyone on the board purchased their bike from them and all of their other accessories for that matter. So as the good book says let he without sin cast the first stone.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Just a personal opinion here, but if you have a question about the competitor, their prices or their "buying club," then go ask about their site on their board.

Seems pretty simple to me.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Lots of people mention that vendor on here (not to mention dozens of others) - it is no secret they exist. If your PM didn't come from the board admin (Lamonster), then dismiss it. Just someone trying to make a back-door jack-booted attempt to control others. If they or anyone seriously has a problem with it, then they can click the little
at the bottom of the post, which reports it to Lamonster, and then if he has a problem with it - he can delete it or address it as he sees fit.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Thanks for posting I didnt realize that the savings on the VIP club was so small glad I didnt join

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There are a lot of behind the backers on here who suffer heartburn way too easily. I just had one pm me the other day with a remark and then didn't even have the stones to return an explanation. If it would have been as cryptic as his original message then I would not have figured it out, either.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
You know what? I do not see any need for an apology. May not be in the greatest taste, but whoever sent you the PM should mind his own business. I see postings about them all the time here.

As for the club, a lot of people have figured this out. However, since you are already a member, you have a year to use it. :thumbup:
:agree: Spend your money anywhere you want, I will always go for the best deal.
It's like insurance company's, I always look for a cheaper rate.
My loyally goes to the best price.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

You did nothing wrong.

And don't redact the name either...it's Wingstuff. Nothing wrong with it.

Competition improves the breed. This board exists as a sales aid for DLP; they pay the bills and deserve a look when you are ready to purchase. Notice that I said "look" and not undying loyality.

I always check DLP first when making a purchase. I purchase a lot from DLP. Same from Wingstuff and others.

I have read all sticky posts from Lamont about board rules. I have never read anything stating that only DLP can be mentioned here.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a personal opinion here, but if you have a question about the competitor, their prices or their "buying club," then go ask about their site on their board.

Didn't know they had a board. Even if I did, it wouldn't matter because if I want honest, quality advice, I always come here.

Also, the member that pm'd me wasn't chastising, just being informative.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Banned
334 Posts
What's the big deal? I look at wing stuff and lots of others. I have also given the sponsor the chance to match the price before buying. Sounds pretty fair to me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I recently checked out the discounts for members on WingStuff, and found that, for what I was ordering, it did pay to join. In ordering just a few things, i've come out ahead.

I also shop around for prices, although service does get counted into the equation.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am a member there too... and yet, shopped all around for pricing.. WS beat everyone hands down on the particular stuff I bought. In a couple of events I got them to come even lower with a phone call.

paid for my membership 10x over.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The GL1800Riders opening pages says: Any members that are not co-sponsors but have links or banners of commerce in their sig line or message post will have those links or banners removed to be fair to those that do support this site.

I wouldn't post a link to a non-sponsor, or put up a banner, but I don't think I need to pretend other companies don't exist, and that's not what the rules seem to say.

Yes the sponsor keeps the board going, and I order plenty of stuff from them, but it's a two way street, and the board survives because of a fairly free flow of information.

People, including me, are totally capable of hearing about something being sold by WingStuff and buying the same thing from DLP. Censoring posts does not create loyalty. Sponsoring a great board, operating a good online store, and having excellent customer service is what creates loyalty, at least it has for me.

And somehow I have managed to check the Shinhopples site as well. Why? Becasue Bulldog is close enough so I could drive up there and he'd put on new tires if I needed. And maybe someday I will.

·
Registered
496 Posts

:agree: Seems like a bargain to support DLP whenever possible...In my experience they've provided excellent service, have good prices, have a buying club for those that want to participate, regular sales and specials, plus the added benefit of this board and it's wealth of knowledge at no additional charge. How can you beat that?:shrug:

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Not only that but when you are bored you can come here and get your free laugh of the day at some of the stuff that people say here. Then there are rather good ideas and items to use. D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts