GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got me this set of Allen wrenches among a few other things as an early Father's Day gift.

The 5mm broke on the first bolt I tried to remove with it, front rotor cover.

Will call the vendor tomorrow to see if they will exchange the set for another, they look good, but the small sizes look/are fragile.

·
Registered
698 Posts
That Sucks...Hopefully the dealer will do right...You did do lefty loosey and righty tighty...right??? :shrug:

·
Registered
388 Posts
:coffee1: Heck..why a bit of JB Weld and you will never know that tool ever gave you a problem...or you could try your dealer about warrantying it...must admit that I haven't seen that type of allen wrench before....

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walter

Your hand looks OLD :lol:
It's a working hand Fred, "a man's hand" :tongue:

This is what I look like, 57 last March, and don't tell me I look 70, lol. :lol:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Sucks...Hopefully the dealer will do right...You did do lefty loosey and righty tighty...right??? :shrug:
Yes I did, I have worked with tools all my life.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set with T-handles. Had em for ten years now. Twist the hell out of em all the time w/o breakage or the ends showing any signs of stripping.
The T-handle you see to the left on the pictures belongs to a set I have had for 35 years, never had to cut them back.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes I did, I have worked with tools all my life.
My remark was "Tounge and Cheek" should have used this guy instead... :joke: ...Didn't mean anything negative...

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My remark was "Tounge and Cheek" should have used this guy instead... :joke: ...Didn't mean anything negative...
Please, no offense taken, my response was only to let you know that there was no chance of that happening, that's all. :thumbup:

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
It's a working hand Fred, "a man's hand" :tongue:

This is what I look like, 57 last March, and don't tell me I look 70, lol. :lol:

You better move looks like you are about to be hit by a train!!!

Matt(BCNV) :roll:

·
Registered
999 Posts
That's what happens when you use a 3 foot cheater on your 5 mm allen wrench...:joke:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It looks like you can put a lot of torque on that short end with that long handle.
That's the problem, I'm really not blaming the tool, I forgot about the pivot head and was using it like I would a one peace.

The package does say "Lifetime Warranty", I will call the vendor and the manufacture today to see what they say.

A replacement wrench costs 7.45+SH from the manufacture.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts