GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a bunch of the GWRRA folks got tired of being told what they can do and post. They have started a new forum. Just another nail in GWRRA coffin. Sorry Hal if I started something. Didn't mean to. Just thought it was interesting the indians over there are finally fed up.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

BW,
It no work. :(

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
We would prefer that they keep their website on their website. ?????? I hope you understand.
Hal - I can only speak for myself, but this forum is so good that I have no desire to go try out another one. My experience is that the information is not any different, only how they moderate the boards. I can't imagine a better moderated board than this one.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Go! If you want to leave "Just Leave" "CYA" "BYE" "Sy a NOR'YA" "Get "Outta Here" "B---H". Just for those that are not Happy with the Knowledge and Friendly'ness, "Here". By the Way, My 2004 Goldwing is the Best Motorcycle that I've ever had the Privledge to "OWN". Thanks! To "ALL" that "HAS" OR "IS SERVING" for MY FREEDOM! Where Else can I express my right to "FREE SPEACH". No Spell Check! GOTTA A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
SORRY BOUT THAT! JUST VENTING! LOL.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Who cares if there is a "new" or different or anything else GW forum...this has been and will remain the best, so who needs the rest? I hope all the negative complaining people leave and go there or wherever...this forum has the nicest, most helpful people I have yet to meet!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think anyone with a GL1800 could find a better forum then this one we have here. Enough said.

G

·
Its not anything like that. Its just that I know what Lamont and I went thru and we hate to see anyone who is a competitor (they sell stuff) be able to take the easy way.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Hal/Lamont,

I will never leave!! Someone will have the pry the GL1800 Riders.com mouse from my cold stiff fingers.

I love this forum and am blessed to have made some really great friends because of it.

I also pledge to buy as much as I can from you in the future to insure that it continues and to show my appreciation.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Hal & Lamont, I believe you "Guys" OPPS! YOOOS! Guys are the Greatest, only if you "yoos" guys ATTEND the ROCKIES GOLD! Other WISE, I"M WAITING ON A SALE FOR THE STONES! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am mostly a lurker but this is the only place I lurk
and sometimes I check out another site but it is
always a waste of time. The people and info here
are first rate. Thanks to Hal and Lamont.

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
A Stones sale........that would be nice........i'm ready with cc in hand. Might get some crush washers while I'm at it......oil filters, you know the required stuff!! 8)

You guys can run me off if you want to.....otherwise I'm staying!! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I never even thought to look anywhere else and I am a member!

The ideas, input and thoughts on this site are just fine, no need to play around with it.

You can certainly stay on the cutting edge of what is happening in the Honda Goldwind World by checking in here.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Its not anything like that. Its just that I know what Lamont and I went thru and we hate to see anyone who is a competitor (they sell stuff) be able to take the easy way.
....a better deal on crush washers? I think not.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
We would prefer that they keep their website on their website. ?????? I hope you understand.
As a forum owner I must admit that I don't understand. You have a superior product with this forum and those that agree with that will continue to post here, visit here, and shop at your store. I have had a Directline link on my web site main page since I started www.thesabrehood.org. I'm not questioning why you don't let them advertise on your forum, but letting people know there is another source for information about "Crush washers", "Car Tires" and "what kind of oil to use" only serves the GL1800 public. Those that are unhappy here may find they have a new home elsewhere, and that would be a good thing for the rest of us. Those that are happy here, will operate just as before.

It's your forum and of course you are free to administer it any way you see fit and I will still visit here and shop here. I just think that squashing a link to another source of information is beneath you and this great forum you guys created.

When it comes to information, help, etc on my TiWing, I'll check every resource I can until I find what I'm looking for. Just as sure as I'll check other sites, I'm also just as sure that I'll end up getting the info, answer, product... RIGHT HERE! But it's nice to have another option.

I'm not looking to piss anyone off or start a flame session, so please just consider the points that I raised and then disagree with me. You all know that you don't buy everything from HDL.. you price shop just like I do. We all like options and choices.

Matt

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

My PayPal and credit cards like Hal the best of all the places my wife allows me to actually spend money and have some fun at the same time. :wink:
Why would I go to a GWRRA offshoot anyway?? The pinned vest and cowboy hat crowd can go and please do if any of this offends y'all. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Jchefboyardee said:
SORRY BOUT THAT! JUST VENTING! LOL.
Maybe, considering your board name, we should ask something like....
What got yur Ravioli-ohs in a bunch? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

1 - 20 of 41 Posts