GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15 months, a heart attack, stroke and therapy, our ’01 Goldwing is being triked.

My right leg has very little feeling to operate the brake pedal pad.

Would any on the board know how to control the REAR brakes with the right grip and change the FRONT brake control down to the foot pedal pad? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have been told to post message on the tech board also

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
BREAKS ??? this bike has breaks ??? I don't need no stinking breaks.

sorry, I couldn't help myself

I realy don't use the breaks that much, I DO a lot of shifting :D :D

but I'm very happy to see your back in the saddle after such a tough year.

I'm sure the boys that are "trikeing" your bike can help with the technical stuff, have you asked them ????

·
Registered
939 Posts
I would think you could disconnect the line fron the foot brake to the linked system and connect a line from the hand brake to the linked system. This is of coarse if a trike still has the linked system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
jmac00 said: BREAKS ??? this bike has breaks ??? I don't need no stinking breaks.

So, were you replying to the frame weld issue here?

You said you do a lot of shifting. Do you think that could be causing the breaks? If so, try not moving around so much.

Or, possibly, could you have meant the BRAKES?

Sorry, I couldn't resist either. :roll:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
SIDS,

Glad that you are back in the saddle again. Sounds like you had a pretty tough year. I can't help you with your question, but possibly the folks that are triking your bike can help you.

If your bike is pearl blue, send me a PM

Happy New Year, And a Better One.

Bulldog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can ride again.

Thanks to each of you for the suggestions and help. I think we now have a direction to start.

Sid Spann

·
Registered
803 Posts
Someone here (I can't remember name) has an artificial right leg. He made or bought a device that has a brake pedal on the left and the linkage pushed the right brake pedal. I saw it on his trike on one of our RTE missions in NC and asked him what it was. I'm thinking it was one of the Freds here.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Technology exists.

Stunt riders have a thumb operated, handlebar mounted, rear brake master cylinder so they can balance for long wheelies and keep their feet on a bar mounted to the tail of the bike.

Good luck

Ronnie

·
Registered
334 Posts
jmac00 said: BREAKS ??? this bike has breaks ??? I don't need no stinking breaks.

So, were you replying to the frame weld issue here?

You said you do a lot of shifting. Do you think that could be causing the breaks? If so, try not moving around so much.

Or, possibly, could you have meant the BRAKES?

Sorry, I couldn't resist either. :roll:
Knope, jmac rote BREAKS so hea mustive bene tawking aboute tha brakes in tha fraim i'e geus.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The solution is right near you in Palmetto Florida.
This company sells the K-lever dual master cylinder lever.

Gail DeWitt, USA Distributor
Disabled Motorcycle Riders, Inc.
Adaptive Motorcyclng LLC
Kliktronic USA • D.M.R. Trikes
518 36th Street West
Palmetto, FL 34221
Office: 941-723-9817
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.disabledmotorcyclerider.com

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
TrikeLady Rules

:congrats::congrats:
TrikeLady Rules :bow::bow: The first and only one to come through with a workable, helpful and proper answer to the guy's question.

You rock girl!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Some one prior dug up the old post, but the new information can help anyone who may be in a situation where they need a product like this.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Some one prior dug up the old post, but the new information can help anyone who may be in a situation where they need a product like this.
I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago but I did not say anything.
When I saw your other post I was thinking the same as you about a search.

Thanks for sharing information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts