GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to strip the bike down to install the amp from EC.
I chickened out!
I was unsure how to pass the wires out of the trunk (where to drill a hole) and I was unsure about the best way to route the wires to the front speakers.
I may consult a local shop that does auto installs or I may sell the amp, low voltage trigger and and the plug and play for the rear.
I did put in the Polk 5" (??) speakers. They look more like 4" to me. I had a set of 4" Jensen that I had bought for a steal. Had I have known the Polks were so similar, I would have saved about $50.00!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stapler,
Contact me when you get a chance and we will set up a date and you can ride to Longview and we will install your amp as it is not that hard. You can ride down that morning and be back before Dark. I am in the phone book or you can e-mail me. 8)

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Stapler,

Too bad that you want to sell your set - up. I think if Fred will help you, you should do that. The Amp does make a difference at high speed travel especially.

Good Luck

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Stapler,

I can guarantee there is a difference in the 4" Jensens and the 5" Polks. The Jensens will not seal up the hole and the sound will suffer. Tremendous difference in sound quality as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts