GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I've dropped my wing tonight. I'm riding since 1984, never drop, scratch or ding my bikes, and tonight:22yikes: stupid me, turning 180 degrees slowly into a parking spot , me the dumbass shifting the bike in neutral in the middle of the turn to cruise into the parking spot, I know better but hey I was hungry and guess what, that happenned in front of an audience in front of a pub.....I couldn't choose a better moment ;)

I could verify the lifting technique and that work pretty well, thanks God !!

my wife and I ok, Nothing damaged............., well........., my ego maybe , so I must be ok for the summer

Just waisting bandwitdh but I had to share :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Welcome to the crowd. I have that T shirt too. Big question did the lean angle swtch work:wrong::wrong:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I often kick into N like that. Never thought of that happening. Guess I have another habit to break. Makes sense though. If you add power while leaning it helps stand you back up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the club. I have a friend who dropped his two times in one day.Hes giving up riding for a while.:eek:4:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Bank angle switches NEED to be checked periodically. That's my story...

:doorag:

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've had my wing for -1 days (picking it up tomorrow) and haven't dropped it yet.

I do realize that it is just a matter of time. I do know that eventually I will drop something. I am just trying to delay it as long as possible :)

jason

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I wish I could say I never dropped mine. I've dropped every Wing I've ever owned. All you have to do is get in some loose rock or gravel or have the engine stumble in a slow turn. The worst one was coming slowly over a slight rise and hitting very slick mud after a hard rain. I was down before I knew what happened. Rode the bike about fifty feet before it slid into the bushes on the side of the road. Crash bars were scraped up a bit but that's what they are for. Protected the rest of the bike. Only thing busted was my ego. Picked the bike up each time, started right up and kept on going.:eek:4:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine slowly went over this week. I was going up the driveway and stopped to turn in. Bike got over balanced and over it went. Luckly the crash guards and my left foot did the job of breakin the fall. No one saw it, s0 did it really happen.
Drumz

·
Registered
812 Posts
@drumz

I'm pretty sure that if no one saw it it never happened. Roll on :).

If anyone drops a bike, job 1 is to see if anyone noticed. If not one was around it never happened. Kinda like a tree in the forest :)

jason

·
Registered
803 Posts
It would be a hoot to have an Official Bank Angle Sensor Tester t-shirt.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I earned mine.:evil: Slanted driveway and new to the bike.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I am new and I am not sure, what is the lean angle switch you referenced to?
The bank angle sensor will shut the bike off when it reaches a steep enough differential from vertical. I don't remember the exact angle at which it occurs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to Club Dump! Been down twice on my older wings. One time on a declining radius fwy on ramp, and the other on the freeway. Both times were the result of diesel fuel while riding in the dark. Crazy feeling! But hey live and learn. Good luck in the future.

One thing about us motorcyclists is that we usually learn from our mistakes. Haven't figured out whether it's the road rash or the #2 in the shorts but whatever works.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Low cost trike kits

These will help
:fullsize::fullsize:

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Dumped mine 3 times in the 5 years I've had it. First time in Canada parked in a gravel parking lot with nobody near it. Must have been on a slight incline and managed to roll forward a bit and down it went. Second time I think I forgot the kickstand and down it went. Last spring I was pulling up off the shouler of a road with quite an edge to it and down it went. :shock:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts