GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it all installed but it says I need to set the SWR. How do I do that? Can I just go and buy a SWR meter at a truck stop? Or should I have it done?
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Joe, you can buy the meter at a truck stop, radio shack, or online.

Whether you have it done or do it yourself, you need extra gear though. CBs use PL-259 connectors for their cables and that's what the SWR meters have.

However, the Goldwing uses Motorola car antenna type plugs.

Check THIS for the right connectors and cables.

THIS link has the instructions.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
LVWolfman said:
Joe, you can buy the meter at a truck stop, radio shack, or online.

Whether you have it done or do it yourself, you need extra gear though. CBs use PL-259 connectors for their cables and that's what the SWR meters have.

However, the Goldwing uses Motorola car antenna type plugs.

Check THIS for the right connectors and cables.

THIS link has the instructions.
Thanks for the links, LVWolfman, I'm planning to install my CB in the next few weeks...Great links!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just installed the CB for a friend of mine this weekend. The install went very well and the links provided gave me a shopping list for radio shack for the meter and fittings. Setting the SWR was a piece of cake with the instructions provided on the forum. I had to trim 1/2" from the antenna mast and got a 1 to1 on Channel 1 and 1.4 to 1 on channel 40. Tested at 1 mile on flat open road and had clear trans. and receive. I appreciate all the pointers everyone has shared on this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts