GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
September the Eighth, I finished my personal 'quest' of riding all of the 254 counties of Texas on a motorcycle. As far as I have found, I am the first to do it on a motorcycle. :)
Now. I need to find something new to do. ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very cool. Was it fun or just a pain in the a$$?

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's pretty cool. I never thought about doing that. You don't have to ride cross country to have an adventure. I think I will look into doing that in North Carolina.
Rolls

·
Registered
556 Posts
thats a huge task, but im sorry to say that you are not the first.
I used to be on a BBQ forum and a guy from Austin I knew made a video of the song I'v been everywhere man, and he had still shots of every county sign in Tx in the vid with him and his bike next to the sign.
but you might be the second one to do it.
:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
zzzz zzzz zzzz:popcorn:

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
I know a lady and guy who have done the same with every courthouse in Texas with pictures. Boring:popcorn:

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I know a lady and guy who have done the same with every courthouse in Texas with pictures. Boring:popcorn:
He may not be the first but he is excited about his accomplishment. Why would you demean what he did ? That was really a jacka$$ thing to say.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Congratulations Jim, that's quiet and accomplishment and a lot of riding. I'm thinking about touring the hill country and the Big Bend area befor long maybe you can show me the ropes in the area. Ride Safe.

Fred

·
Registered
423 Posts
I did that last year. Being second isn't bad. I meant to tell you earlier but I didn't want to brag.

·
Registered
883 Posts
September the Eighth, I finished my personal 'quest' of riding all of the 254 counties of Texas on a motorcycle. As far as I have found, I am the first to do it on a motorcycle. :)
Now. I need to find something new to do. ;)
Congratulations! :thumbup: My hat is off to you.

The weekend of October 11th,2008 Bob Higdon finish his quest to photograph all county courthouses in the continental United States. His final courthouse was in Pike county Mississippi.
5 years 13 days , 150,000 miles 3,069 court houses.

·
Administrator
3,581 Posts
Congratulations, Jim. I think that's quite an accomplishment of which you should be proud. Now, finish coloring in your map!

As others have said, this has been done before. A very good friend, James McClammy in Nederland, has as his proudest possession a photo album containing pictures of his motorcycles in front of every county courthouse in Texas. It took him several years to finish his goal.

I guess I'll have to put this on my bucket list too. Sounds like fun.

Sleddog, I'd read about Bob Higden's journey. Now, that's a MAP!

Glen

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pretty cool accomplishment, Jim.

As others have pointed out, however, you are not the first. In fact, a guy by the name of Bob Higdon (a lawyer from Washington, DC who is associated with the IBA) rode to EVERY COUNTY in the USA and took a photo of every courthouse to document the ride.

Don't let that diminish the pride in your accomplishment, however. You did good!

Mike

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great job Jim .... wish I had time to do that kind of thing too.

Over what period of time did you do that? Would be a fun project.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts