GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of the Cobra 6 into 6 pipes for my F6B. I got an email today that they shipped. After I get them and install them, I will post here with how I like them. I was thinking of a seat too, but haven't decided between a Mustang and a Sargent. I can worry about that later.

·
Registered
153 Posts
guys on the other bd are on the fence on those pipes. some were complaining about drone which took them out of the equation for me... can't wait to hear what you hear...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys on the other bd are on the fence on those pipes. some were complaining about drone which took them out of the equation for me... can't wait to hear what you hear...
Most of the guys I ride with ride Harleys, so I'm already getting the drone, even if it's not my bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I see what you mean about the drone. I'm not sure how much it's going to bother me, but I guess I'll see after a few days of riding. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking forward to hearing how they sound
It's kind of a mixed review. They sound good at idle and under acceleration, but there that drone sound, roughly between 2500 and 3000 rpm. I haven't gotten an opportunity to take them out for anything but short rides do far.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's kind of a mixed review. They sound good at idle and under acceleration, but there that drone sound, roughly between 2500 and 3000 rpm. I haven't gotten an opportunity to take them out for anything but short rides do far.
That seems to be the consensus from those who bought the 6 pipes. The remedy, from what I have read, is to either weld up the crossover pipe or add Torq Loops.

Lucky for me, the Torq Master King Snakes do not have the drone. However, they are not as loud.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That seems to be the consensus from those who bought the 6 pipes. The remedy, from what I have read, is to either weld up the crossover pipe or add Torq Loops.

Lucky for me, the Torq Master King Snakes do not have the drone. However, they are not as loud.
Im not familiar with Torq Loops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is "drone"

Excuse th dumb question guys. I recently traded my VTX1800F for a F6B Black and it came with the Cobra pipes. What do you guys mean when you say drone? Also, a friend with a 2012 GW purchased the exhaust after hearing mine. His GW sound a little different, louder than mine. Same engine..

·
Registered
312 Posts
76 driver, they are the same 6 2 6 pipes? maybe the F6B has a different exhaust setup (the cross over behind the header) to save weight. Or, the stealership could have installed a quieter baffel to keep the drone down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts