GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I down loaded the Nav and system update last night to this laptop. It was S L L O O O O W W W for sure down loading even with good high speed connection. But, it transferred to my memory stick in just seconds. Tonight I did the update on the White Knight. The insturctions said to expect an hour and that the last little bit would take a long time. But, I started a 5:45, got busy with removing the seat and fitting it to a shipping box and tinkering about some, at 6:00 I noticed the radio began playing! I changed the radio to headphones so as to not have to hear static and within a few seconds the screen asking if I wanted to up YES or NO was back on and "NO" is the final step. I was prepared for the typical frustration.

prs

·
Registered
930 Posts
I did mine the other night and followed the instructions on the Honda website and everything went smooth.
The only thing I did notice is when I was going through the settings, I could not get a check mark in the box that said HSTC.
I will have to look into that.
I did have to re-pair my J&M Blu-Hub and will have to re-pair my phone.
Haven't ridden the bike yet, so I am hopeful everything went well.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,564 Posts
I did mine the other night and followed the instructions on the Honda website and everything went smooth.
The only thing I did notice is when I was going through the settings, I could not get a check mark in the box that said HSTC.
I will have to look into that.
I did have to re-pair my J&M Blu-Hub and will have to re-pair my phone.
Haven't ridden the bike yet, so I am hopeful everything went well.
I think the bike has to be running and not in the accessory mode to check the HSTC box.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
HSTC can only be switched when the bike is stationary.

Torque Control will limit the amount of torque applied to the rear wheel when the system detects the rear wheel spin during acceleration.

Toque Control can be turned on or off in the multi-information display. (P31)

uTorque Control mode (on/off) cannot be changed while riding.
Stop the motorcycle first and select the Torque Control mode (on/off) in the multi-information display.

uEach time the ignition switch is turned ON, the Torque Control is automatically turned to on.

uWhen the Riding mode is changed, the Torque Control characteristic also changes according to each mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts