GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night at about 11:30 is was raining so hard and the water was racing down the street in front of my house. It looked like a white water rapid. There was a little thunder, but not bad. I slept quite well but woke up this morning and went to let the dog out. Much to my surprise I see white. Everything covered in white. There was about 3/4 inch of white all over covering everything. The white stuff was still falling at a fairly rapid rate. This is April 14th. Really??? Is this necessary? The winter of 2013/2014 will be the winter that never ends. My only hope for good to come from this is if the robins go back down south and never return. Then at least my car will remain black this year.

Please note: I may have just imagined it, but I think I saw a polar bear walking past my house right after the dog came in.

April 14th. unreal.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Inches on the ground here . Heading up town to remove snow in a few seconds .

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inches on the ground here . Heading up town to remove snow in a few seconds .
I want to call in and say I am not going to be there due to returning to hibernation. (See you next Spring) :shrug::wrong:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I want to call in and say I am not going to be there due to returning to hibernation. (See you next Spring) :shrug::wrong:
No worries it will all be gone in a day or 2 . Like you said its April . This is second time it snowed on my robins here . Sadly once more and it looks like Wednesday is it .

·
Registered
902 Posts
Back when we lived in in Colorado Springs, we learned the hard way not to charge the sprinker system until Mother's Day. (If you wanted grass, you had sprinklers.)

It snowed and froze over at least once the week before Mother's Day every year. Most new to the area busted pipes that week because it would be so warm and pretty in the several weeks prior. We got suckered in our first Spring.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
George that is how I felt the other day....woke up to everything white again..turned around tried clicking my heals...but here I still am in the hinter land...Randy is right it will be nice soon and the bikes will be covered in bugs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Alright this nonsense has got to stop!!! Randy I am committed to leaving here on the 23rd Do your Spring bunny dance or something... I am not putting tire chains on my alpin to get this toy up there!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I saw a ground hog peak out of his hole this morning, all he did was scratch his head and go back in. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Back when we lived in in Colorado Springs, we learned the hard way not to charge the sprinker system until Mother's Day. (If you wanted grass, you had sprinklers.)

It snowed and froze over at least once the week before Mother's Day every year. Most new to the area busted pipes that week because it would be so warm and pretty in the several weeks prior. We got suckered in our first Spring.
I agree , anything before that here is a crap shoot at best . We been spoiled for many years .

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Alright this nonsense has got to stop!!! Randy I am committed to leaving here on the 23rd Do your Spring bunny dance or something... I am not putting tire chains on my alpin to get this toy up there!!!
You will be fine . The back roads are dry for the most part after last nites 3" of snow and they did not plow .
Stay focused !! :twisted:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My phone has just informed me that we are in a winter storm watch...4-8 inches..............Come On Man...Give it a rest:evil:.....Really:cry::cry::cry:
Kevin apparently mother nature is upset with you for joining me in the I hate Snow Club. Man this is brutal and tormenting. I guess it requires me to act one more time "I Hate Snow"

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
My phone has just informed me that we are in a winter storm watch...4-8 inches..............Come On Man...Give it a rest:evil:.....Really:cry::cry::cry:
Was going to comment but it is too sad to do so :shrug: Hang in there:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
George in looking at the future for Friday I can't see it working out for me :evil:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
George in looking at the future for Friday I can't see it working out for me :evil:
I know John. Man I hate this stuff.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
That is bad news , no RTE Friday . Man that's sucks :twisted:
If only there was something good that comes from cold nites and warm days . Snow at nite and sun in the morning to warm things up ,,,hummn
Wait,,,,,, it just dawned on me . MAPLE SYRUP !!! Bobs extremely yummy maple syrup .
So let's recap . No RTE Friday, an abundance of sap flowing , and a few more dollars in my pocket removing snow .
Can't really say I will ask to join your hate snow club anytime soon. :doorag:;-)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Pretty typical weather for April...but the rest of the winter has been so brutal it just makes it seem that much worse...it will get better and when it does we just have to make time to ride...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is bad news , no RTE Friday . Man that's sucks :twisted:
If only there was something good that comes from cold nites and warm days . Snow at nite and sun in the morning to warm things up ,,,hummn
Wait,,,,,, it just dawned on me . MAPLE SYRUP !!! Bobs extremely yummy maple syrup .
So let's recap . No RTE Friday, an abundance of sap flowing , and a few more dollars in my pocket removing snow .
Can't really say I will ask to join your hate snow club anytime soon. :doorag:;-)
One mans hate is another mans love. Wow, I can't believe I said that.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
my ex-wife and I had our first date on April 22, 1980. it was unofficially 102 degrees in Racine that day. Three days later it snowed. April is a month of dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts