GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a used Trike here in Califorina. Nada. Not even on Craiglist. :evil:

So I accidently select Atlanta (don't ask me how) and KABOOM!!!

Over a dozen at one setting. :eek:

So what's going on?
Are trikes a regional thingy?
Not popular because of the inability to lane share?
Why no used Trikes in the entire state of California (Home of 55 million people and a MC or group of MCs visble very 30 seconds)?

...just saying....

· Banned
2,871 Posts
Almost everything west of the Mississippi, (excluding Texas) is untapped Trike country. That's why we're opening a shop in Las Vegas next year. California will more than likely come around to Trikes as long as the bike passes their emissions standards.

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Guess we're just luckier than them western folks. :shrug:

Thank Goodness:thumbup:

· Registered
1,133 Posts
I've been looking for a used Trike here in Califorina. Nada. Not even on Craiglist. :evil:

So I accidently select Atlanta (don't ask me how) and KABOOM!!!

Over a dozen at one setting. :eek:

So what's going on?
Are trikes a regional thingy?
Not popular because of the inability to lane share?
Why no used Trikes in the entire state of California (Home of 55 million people and a MC or group of MCs visble very 30 seconds)?

...just saying....
Be very carefull about buying a trike outside of Calif and then trying to license & title it in Calif.

A friend of mine in Redwood has a buddy that made that nightmarish mistake. He lost several thousands of dollars in that transaction.:22yikes:

:popcorn: :doorag:

· Registered
16 Posts
As long as the used trike has more than 7500 miles on it you will not have a problem with DMV in California. I just purchased a used 06 from Florida and had no problem. I don't know about all makes of trikes but CSC has been legal here for some time now. You are correct about them being hard to find out here. I have only seen four besides my own. Good luck in your search.

· Registered
9,099 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.