GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
well I was at the dealer again to get the owners manuel for my wing , this way I know how to use some stuff before I bring it home. :lol:
And after hearing some of you talk about how nice they are to ride I want to go out with a blow dryer to get rid of the snow and ice so I can ride it !!!!!!! :twisted:
The last big bike I rode was my friends a HD dresser and it was slow and had no brakes. Did not like it much, but the time before that was a 1996 wing and boy that was a nice bike, I hope the 2002 I got is as nice :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Volvo,

Looks like you are in the same boat that I am here in the Catskills (Monticello area). When it does get nice, give me a shout and we can meet ya in Port Jervis and take a cruise up through "Hawks Nest".

Bulldog

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pete, great idea on getting the owners manual and familiarizing yourself with everything before you take delivery. I was able to do that too when I bought mine. Due to weather a couple years ago, it was two weeks before I got mine. With all the buttons, knobs and switches the GL1800 has, it's better to know what they are before hand instead of fiddling with them when you first begin to ride.

Good luck and Have Fun!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I also picked-up the owner's manual prior to getting the bike. It was very helpful. But, upon getting the bike, I also followed the dealer's advise for that first ride: Concentrate on the basic controls. Don't try to fiddle with the radio, the temperature display, the cruise control, and the other non-essential goodies. Get comfortable with the basic controls and handling of the bike then play with the "toys".

I found that the best way to get familiar with the radio was by playing with it while sitting on the bike in the garage.

Also, don't hesitate to go riding while the weather is still cool. Dress appropriately and you can ride (at least on short trips) in almost any temperature. Here in northern Indiana I've been able to get the bike out on the road (at least briefly) each month of the year. In the winter months just be sure that the roads are clear and dry.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bulldog said:
I am here in the Catskills (Monticello area).
Bulldog
Bulldog, are you near FT Drum, NY?? :?:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Andy M said:
Pete, great idea on getting the owners manual and familiarizing yourself with everything before you take delivery. I was able to do that too when I bought mine. Due to weather a couple years ago, it was two weeks before I got mine. With all the buttons, knobs and switches the GL1800 has, it's better to know what they are before hand instead of fiddling with them when you first begin to ride.

Good luck and Have Fun!
Andy, that is some good advice..... when I 1st got my wing I cant tell you how many people I honked at while I simply was just trying activate my turn signal!!!! (it was dark, didnt know my buttons/switches as well as I thought I did!!

Sit on your wing in a dark garage... practice propper activation of all switches w/o looking at modules.... only by feel.............eyes on the road/cagers my man!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bulldog,
Sure I would love to take a ride to the Hawks nest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts