GL1800Riders Forums banner

I feel so dirty...

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  IBA33857 
#1 ·
Lurked for a while soaking up info.
Got a spare rim a couple of months ago.
Conti Pro arrived last week.
Had it mounted this week.
Put it on the Wee Beastie this afternoon & went for a short spin...when i got back, my wife told me I was grinning like a kid who just found the hidden batch of brownies. :excited:

After 186 miles, I think I like it. It took a little more effort (not quite the right word) to initiate the turns, but I quickly forgot about it. Held the turns like I was on a rail & popped out of 'em quickly. It gave a softer ride on some of the roads where the expansion joints usually rattle the teeth. I'm looking forward to warmer weather & the salt getting off the roads so I can head up to the real twisties & see how it does there.

Murgie...can I have a number...please?

#2 ·
Oh No, you drank the dark kool aid! :joke: Me Too. :lol:......Don

#5 ·
cmassey,
Welcome!!! It only gets better from here. Soon you'll want the Battleax up front too, I suppose!!!!!!! Be careful out there. Semper-fi:flg:

#10 ·
it only gets better :doorag:

#11 ·
cmassey :congrats: welcome to the Dark Side you'll like the way the c/t will make the bike ride and handle better. Besides messing with peaples mind when the notice that tire and you tell them it is a car tire :lol:
mrwelaxn :thumbup:

#13 ·
Murgie
Thanks for the number...headed out the door to drop off an order for a couple of stickers (and add a few more miles on my way to the post office - I tend to take the scenic route). :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.