GL1800Riders Forums banner

I feel so dirty

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Redneck Dave 
#1 ·
But I didn't catch on fire!

First impressions - pain in the butt to get up on the bike. I have only ridden 50 miles on it but it was smooth. Was scared to let it rip on some sweepers or twisties because it being a new tire and frankly I did not know what to expect. Seem to "over steer" at first but then I kind of new what it was going to do. Looking forward to giving a more complete review after this up coming beautiful Alabama weekend.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you'll love it.

Within a hundred miles or so you'll forget it is there.

Welcome to the D'side.

#5 ·
I still haven't got more than 10 miles on my Kumho due to time constraints and freezing weather here in Florida, but I'm already feeling really good about it....

Anyone know where I can get a transfusion of antifreeze for my 8 quarts of A rh negative...... ? or maybe I should dilute what I've got with alcohol and stay indoors till Summer. :lol::lol::lol:

Brrrrr.......

#8 ·
Question for you FrostyWing (or anyone for that matter) - How did you arrive at 30 psi in that tire? I popped the bead at 45 then let it back down to 33.
When I first started with the car tire I read about it on here just as you did. About everyone said to start at 30 psi and go up and down a pound at a time to figure out what works best for me. That is what I did and found that 30 psi is about the best for me feel wise and for tire wear. I usually ride one up about 99% of the time and weight about 200#. You just have to play around with the pressure a little and you will find the pressure that works best for you. Most it seems will add about 2 to 3 psi more if riding two up.
Hope this helps :biggrin: !

#9 ·
like the comment above I read what others were doing and tried pressures from 40psi down to 30psi. Right now I'm comfortable at about 32psi. It's more personal preference than anything, but 30-35 seems about right for most of the guys I have read about.

#11 ·
I tried 35 psi at first like most of us did and then went down to 30 because someone said they wore out the middle of a car tire from over inflating it. Just for kicks I then went on down to 28 psi and liked it so much that I figured if it got any better, I wouldn't be able to stand it. So 28 it is for me. I don't adjust up either for luggage or passenger. I got just under 14K on my first Pirelli Eufori and that was with a bunch of burnouts. For reference, I only got 10K on the Dunlop E-3, which in my opinion, ought to be outlawed for sale to the public. It is like riding on snot when you ride in the rain with one of those rim savers. Never will there be another Dunlop mc tire on the back of my bike. Ever. I like the way the car tire sounds when you do a burnout and it just goes straight, doesn't slew sideways like a mc tire does. Just do it, you won't go back, I don't think.

#12 ·
Same for me, I run 28# one up or two up, pulling a trailer or not. Feels great and wears better than 35# that I ran in the first CT.

#13 ·
Alabama Wing.....as mentioned already, that's a great looking puppy squasher....glad you didn't die in a fiery crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Darkside......

I started at 30, went up to as high as 37 and as low as 26.

Now I keep it at 31

#14 ·
:popcorn:

Good to see another "Conti Man" here and the fact that ya didn't instantly combust is miraclious indeed means yer good to go. ;)

Here trolls take that !!!! Another happy camper smilin' big.:thumbup:

:popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.