GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that rubber cap that covers the front intercom connector. You know.....the one up by the front faring pocket. Every time I open and then try to close the faring pocket door, that little rubber cap is hanging down and interferes with the closing of the door. It becomes a two handed project. I hate to cut if off. What have the other "geniuses" done to solve this complication?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When I put the cable back into the holder, I ensure the cap it on the "inside" of the holder to keep it from hanging down.

Hope that helps.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
I too have labored over this terrible problem, these were my findings:

1. Never open faring pocket
2. Cut off and discard said cap
3. Write mother Honda about design flaw
4. Live with it

I opted for number 4 reason being in this world we live in I have alot more things to worry about besides a 1 and 1/2 second chore. I like to keep my life simple and worry free.....

Matt(Ashland,MA) :a13:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I don't know about anybody else but I'm considering litigation.

"MOTHER" HONDA!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

(I agree with Matt.)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've thought about affixing a bit of velcro on the end of the cap and the corresponding velcro on the faux tank to affix it to. Beyond that, I've elected option #4.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm with 1 percent, put the cap on the inside and you never have a problem.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cockleburr said:
Put the cap on the inside of WHAT? It is dangling down because the intercom plug is plugged in.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Cockleburr said:
Put the cap on the inside of WHAT? It is dangling down because the intercom plug is plugged in.
Jan,
Some cords let the plug stay in the holder when the headset cord is plugged in and in use. Some are not as long and the plug comes out of the holder. If it can stay in the holder, then merely place the tether to the cap in the holder first and then the plug, thus keeping the cap and tether secured in the holder. Obviously those whose cords are not long enough, (not casting aspersions here) cannot do this as it all dangles then.
:oops: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I sure hope that I can figgure out what you all are talking about once my bike is ready :? :oops:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
No need to cut it off. I think it can be removed over the end of the connector. I try to keep it totated toward thetank and most times it sticks up away form the fairing pocket. But since I/we mostly have our headset plugged in there we could take it off the connector and sore it inthe pocket for times when we may need it. How bout that??? :eek:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ronbien said:
Jan Kokochak said:
Cockleburr said:
Jan,
Some cords let the plug stay in the holder when the headset cord is plugged in and in use. Some are not as long and the plug comes out of the holder. If it can stay in the holder, then merely place the tether to the cap in the holder first and then the plug, thus keeping the cap and tether secured in the holder. Obviously those whose cords are not long enough, (not casting aspersions here) cannot do this as it all dangles then.
:oops: :roll: :wink:
Now I am really confyouzed. The dangle angle is such that even when the plug is in the holder, the cap hangs down and in the path of the successful closing of the pocket door.

I don't understand any of the fancy stuff that people are talking about here. It is just a pain in the ass. I'm gonna cut it off :twisted:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Jan,
In your picture, place the tether in the holder so the cap is facing to the right, then place your plug in after it and the plug will hold the tether and the cap will be sticking out just like it would be if it was plugged in the end where it belongs.

Think of the cap being on and then put the plug into the holder with the tether first. Then open the cap and put the headset plug in.
I'll take a picture if you wish.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Here you go!

·
Registered
806 Posts
ronbien's got it no fuss no muss :lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
ronbien said:
Here you go!

This is the way I've always done mine, it works great.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
That is where my rides ronbien. Considered the velcro but found this works just fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts