GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to tighten rear shock set screw when replacing the rear spring :cus:, I'm pretty good at getting tank out now, had to once before,(ABS problem).

Life's a journey. :capwin:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I understand - you were probably, like I would be, in a hurry to go for a test ride :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what’s your opinion of the new spring ?
Bike sits higher, that was the first thing i noticed as the bike tilts more on side stand.
I did front PMT and progressive rear spring at the same time so hard to evaluate just the rear spring.
Just riding around the block I felt a noticeable handling improvement, felt tighter and less roughness over bumps in the handlebar.
As an experiment I put back on my old two piece SuperBrace and felt the forks slightly sticking while wiggling the bike up and down on the side stand, ..............its not on anymore.
Ill go back to stock 60 series tire when my 70 series wears out, I put the 70 on because the suspension was so saggy.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
The accurate speedometer with a 70 series rear tire sure is a nice feature.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The accurate speedometer with a 70 series rear tire sure is a nice feature.
I thought the 06 they fixed the speedo problem, maybe I heard wrong

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The speedo fix was more like 2009 but definitely 2010. The yellow box I had on my 2006 ended up on my 2005 M50. I forgot to set that screw myself years ago, but I only had to pull the tank back out because that was as far as I got when I remembered I needed to do that little task.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The speedo fix was more like 2009 but definitely 2010. The yellow box I had on my 2006 ended up on my 2005 M50. I forgot to set that screw myself years ago, but I only had to pull the tank back out because that was as far as I got when I remembered I needed to do that little task.

In a few days I'll be taking the tank out and tightening the set screw, nursing a cold right now :(. Has anyone seen what happens if it was not tightened. I called Greg at Just Wings and he confirmed what I know I had to do, tighten the screw.

This is quite the knowledgeable forum and huge, I'm on a Yamaha Enduro forum, much smaller but just as informative. What did we ever do to get info in the past?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts