1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Other tires like the Falken have been run with no problems!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
And a couple bucks less than my beloved Kumho.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
22 lbs claimed weight too.

I guess I don't understand what the weight of the tire has to do with anything, anyone care to tell me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unsprung rotating mass is the most valuable weight to lose.

I'm doing my yearly tire research.
Still have a little life in the rear but the front is hosed

How are these LRR w/ traction?
Seems like they would be less.

I tend to ride fast...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just saw this is a summer tire, which ive bought before
But I ride below 32 quite a bit
Would take that over this 100 crap any day
I think I'll stick w/ all season, unless anyone can tell me why not

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
common misconception

Just saw this is a summer tire, which ive bought before
But I ride below 32 quite a bit
Would take that over this 100 crap any day
I think I'll stick w/ all season, unless anyone can tell me why not
Regarding summer tires vs. winter tires -

A common misconception is that a winter tire, due to the softer compound, provides great traction year-round. Not true.

Winter tires are great in winter. It's what they are designed for - snow and ice. Not so great the rest of the year. Does that mean they can't be used?? Of course not, just like summer or all season supposedly can't be used in the winter. Just understand the strengths and weaknesses of what you are using, and don't go by "what sounds good or seems like a good idea" school of thinking.

Here's a study of the different types of tires (or tyres for our British friends). Worth the read - and may help you determine your next tire for your cage or your bike. I personally went with the Kumho RF, as I don't intend to ride in snow. Works for me, ymmv.

http://www.insideline.com/features/t...vs-summer.html

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
For 99% of 1800 riders, it makes no difference, whatsoever, whether it says Summer or Winter, from a traction standpoint.

A Winter tire will give slightly better bite in cold temps because the rubber will not get hard as fast as other tires and the extra siping will give slightly more bite on wet roads. The Winter tires start out, generally, with an extra 32nd of tread.

When I say, "slightly", I mean that unless you are pushing the Wingabago to its limits, you probably couldn't notice the difference.

Mt 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts