GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up my trike Saturday afternoon. I am soooooo happy.
As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will.
I did learn something saturday evening. Please tell me that I am not the only one that has tried to lean :wrong: thru a bend in the road. :22yikes: I scared the crap out of myself and the 3 cars that were headed straight for me. Don't laugh it ain't funny. At least it wasn't then.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Your installer/dealer is a good one. Finely I see some one that used the proper exhaust tube or trimmed it to the right length!!!!! (per photo 1 from the rear ) :lol:

:yes1:

Turning I found that if you put pressure on the take with the opposite leg or knee it will help a ton, and sit upright. Later you may want to try leaning your body at the shoulder some into the turn........

·
Registered
487 Posts
It is a beautiful trike. CONGRATULATIONS

·
Registered
126 Posts
:congrats:eek:n the new ride .The first time out I tried to drag the pegs:eek:4:can't do that any more.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
George Patrick wrote: Your installer/dealer is a good one. Finely I see some one that used the proper exhaust tube or trimmed it to the right length!!!!! (per photo 1 from the rear ) :lol:

George, explain this further..."proper exhaust tube or trimmed it to the right length". Are you talking about the exhaust sticking out further behind the rear?....wondering....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Your installer/dealer is a good one. Finely I see some one that used the proper exhaust tube or trimmed it to the right length!!!!! (per photo 1 from the rear ) :lol:

Turning I found that if you put pressure on the take with the opposite leg or knee it will help a ton, and sit upright. Later you may want to try leaning your body at the shoulder some into the turn........

George, how do my measurements look? Does it look like I got it right? Oh, and what was that thing you do with your knee to stay on the bike again while in the turn?;)

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
George, how do my measurements look? Does it look like I got it right? Oh, and what was that thing you do with your knee to stay on the bike again while in the turn?;)

For Harley Pipes they look good :shock:, and in right too ;).

Now if the knee trick doesn't work, I some times use Alternating Cheek Squeeze Technique, which is a practiced technique that comes natural to some AKA: Pucker Factor :!: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice job by the looks of it.Enjoy the heck out of it.
Happy trails Chuckie

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
NICE, now put lots of miles on it. Charley

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Sa-Weet!!!!!!!!:congrats:

I still lean in the corners, it's not a bad thing, just remember to turn the bars with the lean :lol::lol:

Hey, gotta have a little fun...

Be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't worry, the steering thing will become natural quick enough. Just don't forget how wide you are when go to fill up that tank. :lol:

Looks great, enjoy the ride :congrats:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Well, I picked up my trike Saturday afternoon. I am soooooo happy.
As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will.
I did learn something saturday evening. Please tell me that I am not the only one that has tried to lean :wrong: thru a bend in the road. :22yikes: I scared the crap out of myself and the 3 cars that were headed straight for me. Don't laugh it ain't funny. At least it wasn't then.
Some of the things I learned really fast...

1. Forget leaning in the corners. Trike still goes straight ahead.

2. Don't put your feet down coming to a stop. You can run over them.

3. Countersteering does not work. Push right, and you go left.

4. A trike is wider than a bike.

And all that in the first half mile.........

·
Banned
1,034 Posts

George, SouthWest Trikes has an exhaust mod that fits better, has more clearance and actually sounds better too. You can read more about it on their website. I don't know if Arizona WingRider bought those or not but I do know that Jim at South West Trikes is one of the best around. The shop is so clean and organized that you feel like taking your shoes off before you walk in. That's the way a shop should be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts