GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got it mounted today! WOW! Smooth and cuts a curve, nice! I rode nearby 35's @ 70, nice! Kchef is going to like the ride also! I did notice the stand-up coming out of a turn, I like! I mounted with 3oz of the Beads and no other weights, I'm a Believer.......

·
Registered
570 Posts
Welcome Home..:congrats:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # and a Decal....

G

·
I have the same problem with my CT as I did with my MT. Hard right hand turns (90 degree turns). Monday I'm going to make the call and set up for my ERC. Classes seem to fill up fast these days. Next class I can get into is the 28th.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Rider Steve, practice practice practice. Look into the turn and see where you want to come out of it, the bike will follow your eyes. Find a parking lot and just do it over and over till you get comfortable. Most riders have a favored turning side, mine is to the left because I'm right handed. The ERC courses are very good and well worth the money, I believe maybe your insurance company will give you a little discount for taking it.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey:

Do not worry about all that cornering stuff. When you get to a corner just call me, I will bring my trailer and we can load the bike on it and pull it around the corner and away you will go. :joke::wrong::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: Kit

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Jchefboyardee,:congrats: You,me and the yellow one make three.

·
Smoky
1,190 Posts
I finally got it mounted today! WOW! Smooth and cuts a curve, nice! I rode nearby 35's @ 70, nice! Kchef is going to like the ride also! I did notice the stand-up coming out of a turn, I like! I mounted with 3oz of the Beads and no other weights, I'm a Believer.......
Jchefboyardee,
:congrats: ! Welcome to the enlightned "DARKSIDE" ! You're going to be asking yourself "Why did I wait so long" :cus: ? You are really pushing the naysayers limits.........car tire and Dyna Beads.....what are you smokin :shock: ?

G

·
Rider Steve, practice practice practice. Look into the turn and see where you want to come out of it, the bike will follow your eyes. Find a parking lot and just do it over and over till you get comfortable. Most riders have a favored turning side, mine is to the left because I'm right handed. The ERC courses are very good and well worth the money, I believe maybe your insurance company will give you a little discount for taking it.

All those years I spent looking ahead and now I'm learning I have to look where I'm going. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts