GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Street legal is questionable at best. Looks like a lot of fun though.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I want one! I wonder how I can get a conversion kit for my Goldwing....

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I hope I don't see one near me!:wrong: I would want to try it, and that is probably not a good thing!

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's nothing but a gyrocopter with a suspension on it. Real death traps, makes motorcycling look completely safe in comparison (at least you don't have too far to fall when you crash!!!)...Been quite a few people loose it big time in one of those contraptions...

R

·
0 Posts
Gyrocopters have one itty bitty problem, it's called proposing. Should you find yourself in that situation and can't get out of it your a dead man.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gyrocopters have one itty bitty problem, it's called proposing. Should you find yourself in that situation and can't get out of it your a dead man.
Proposing???
They want to get married?

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Turn that loose on this crowd here, and they will stick shiny bits of plastic all over it and then fly off without ever reading the manual.

Oh, and when they crash it will be because the thing is a "poorly-designed piece of junk."

I shudder at the possibilities...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I want one!!!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's nothing but a gyrocopter with a suspension on it. Real death traps, makes motorcycling look completely safe in comparison (at least you don't have too far to fall when you crash!!!)...Been quite a few people loose it big time in one of those contraptions...
Of course, no one has EVER been hurt riding a bike.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Looks like a greatly overworked copy of the Benson Gyrocopter, which was around in the 1950s.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Proposing?
I have proposed twice and both times it cost me a fortune....:lol::lol::lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Proposing???
They want to get married?
OOPS! Should of read porpoising. The nose of the aircraft will start bobbing up and down like a porpoise swimming. If you can't figure out how to stop this affect it will break the main rotors and then you've just had your last bad day.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looks like a greatly overworked copy of the Benson Gyrocopter, which was around in the 1950s.

That's EXACTLY what it is. A ex-buddy of mine bought a franchise for West Texas in 1979 from them and they sent two factory reps. to train and get him started. Not only did my bud end up crashing his (luckily it was when he was attempting to land and a mesquite tree jumped in his way and he only received minor injuries), but we heard later that one of the factory reps. was seriously injured in a demonstration somewhere else in the US.. So, if you have a death wish, go ahead..."MAKE YOUR DAY"

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's EXACTLY what it is. A ex-buddy of mine bought a franchise for West Texas in 1979 from them and they sent two factory reps. to train and get him started. Not only did my bud end up crashing his (luckily it was when he was attempting to land and a mesquite tree jumped in his way and he only received minor injuries), but we heard later that one of the factory reps. was seriously injured in a demonstration somewhere else in the US.. So, if you have a death wish, go ahead..."MAKE YOUR DAY"

Same thing could be said about Motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts