GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come home with my wife in our car, and as the garage door is opening, I see my bike sitting there and it looks like there is a big black scratch on the plastic at the back of the bike near the opener button.
I get out and run up to the bike and find that it is just dirt.
Then I spot this!:surprise:
Can you find it?
This is another reason why I won't go to the dealer anymore.
This happened when they installed the CB antenna.

Watching Fred's videos, I think it can be fixed fairly easily.
I find things like this for months after the dealer works on the bike.
I have OCD, and I can't deal with this type of stuff.
Maybe I should have the nickname "Monk".:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Always serviced any bike I have ever owned at a dealer. I have never, ever had an issue with the service provided and have never had damage to any of my bikes while in their care. Dealers get a bad rap, often unfairly.
But this situation begs the question that if you “always” find something “every time” you have a dealer service your bike then why would you ever leave it in their care without a thorough inspection. Inspect it with the service advisor present when you drop it off and note any damage. Do the same when you pick it up.
My dealer does a thorough walk around and notes every mark and scratch on the bike at pick up and delivery.

Beagle

Reactions: UNCLEJOHN

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I come home with my wife in our car, and as the garage door is opening, I see my bike sitting there and it looks like there is a big black scratch on the plastic at the back of the bike near the opener button.
I get out and run up to the bike and find that it is just dirt.
Then I spot this!:surprise:
Can you find it?
This is another reason why I won't go to the dealer anymore.
This happened when they installed the CB antenna.

Watching Fred's videos, I think it can be fixed fairly easily.
I find things like this for months after the dealer works on the bike.
I have OCD, and I can't deal with this type of stuff.
Maybe I should have the nickname "Monk".:wink2:

I would be pissed too.:frown2:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Always serviced any bike I have ever owned at a dealer. I have never, ever had an issue with the service provided and have never had damage to any of my bikes while in their care. Dealers get a bad rap, often unfairly.
But this situation begs the question that if you “always” find something “every time” you have a dealer service your bike then why would you ever leave it in their care without a thorough inspection. Inspect it with the service advisor present when you drop it off and note any damage. Do the same when you pick it up.
My dealer does a thorough walk around and notes every mark and scratch on the bike at pick up and delivery.

Beagle
Years ago, I had a R1100RS being serviced at Bob’s BMW in Maryland. The tech took it out for a test ride after service and dropped it in a turn in the lot at about 15mph and messed up/broke everything on the right side of my bike. They ordered all the parts and fixed everything but it took several trips to the dealer and a few weeks to finally get it right.

While rare, it DOES happen!

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
The little tabs in that area left and right are prone to sneak back out while seating the others. You will have to so some preliminary steps, but not too difficult.

prs

·
Registered
564 Posts
Actually, I did the same thing after I put on the trunk rack. You might have to watch Cruiseman's video's, but you should only have to take a few screws loose in the trunk to fit it back together. I would let the service manager know and send him a pic or two, but it will take less time to do it yourself than take it back and wait for them to do it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
All to often "Professional" means you can do it fast enough to make money at it.... doesn't seem to imply you are required to do a good job or care about what you are doing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts