GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped it......While doing a real tight circle with my honey on the back. All of a sudden it was way to heavy and I put my foot down......Doh....I stopped before it went all the way over but there was no holding it back......Luckily only about 5 of the 14 bikes behind me saw it....hehehe....Don't I get to join some kind of club now? :oops:

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
Didn't know about the forum and web site, just joined, tested mine first day of the 2002.....DUH. :lol:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Does not actually testing the BAS count when your wife's car "breaks" your fall :?:

Wing was fine, but the Accord needed a new taillight... :oops:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Havent been down yet........but I'm assuming by all the posts it's just a matter of time before I'll be joining the rest :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually thought I could hold it up but man is that sucker heavy after a certain point. Actual I thought I "WAS" holding it up but it was already on the crash bars. :oops: Well I'm glad I was stopped and my honey is ok. The bike is fine too....

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did it twice in September on my Colorado trip. The first time on the first day I was on a hill and it went all the way over on it's side and broke the left mirror clean off the bike. I gathered up the peices put it back together with goop and RTV silicone glued it back on. Stopped in Montrose and the honda shop said $165 and 2 weeks well the local Glass and mirror shop cut a new Glass mirror and glued it back in for $15. I tried to save it stuffed my leg out and it ripped it self out of my hand just before something broke so I pogo hopped on one stressed leg down the hill.
The second time was the last day of the trip. This time I let it go over stood on the engine and raised my arms in triumph, whild my freinds looked at me like I was nutz got off their bikes and helped me pick it up. (no one got a picture) I 40 years of rideing the is the most I've been down since my Teens.

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
I've dropped a many of them, but the worst was when the Wife and I were on a poker run with about 50 bikes....we arrived at one of the riders homes, we were turning around in the driveway, which was angled right to left...I should have stopped and let her off, but Oh NO, I'm a man and I can turn this HD dresser around......we were on the high side and my left foot was about three feet in the air, bike full lock, and over she starts...told the wife, "this is gonna hurt"...bam, bike down, the wife goes tumbling down the hill....now for the bad part....I ran over and picked up the bike first......that was about 20 years ago, she still brings it up....she hurt her arm, nothing on the bike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is there an OBAST patch yet?
Not for me of course. I never laid mine down…its for a friend… :mrgreen:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

I will be the first to admit that I have tested the BAS multiple times.

The funniest was on our return from the 2005 Honda Hoot which as you may remember was the rainiest on record. After riding over 1000 miles in the rain, I swung into my OWN driveway, went a bit wide and hit the grass. Next thought was - why has everything turned sideways? Spouse stayed put in her seat, crash bars did what they were supposed to do, and after picking it up we had a good laugh.

All other tests have simply been carelessness allowing the bike to reach that point of no return while stationary. I learned the first time that holding that beast up was not a viable option. Picking it up is easier than trying to recover one or both of the "twins" from the top of my boot trying to hold it up.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
OK, I need some help here. After reading and trying to keep up with all of these strict requirements for just how and when one gets welcomed into different clubs, groups and the like (i.e. IB this and OB that, and GR this), I now turn to each of you more knowledgeable riders then I for guidance.

My question. Do I qualify for anything as a result of the recent events I had? While attempting to "dismount" my bike, and jump gracefully into my carefully color matched "other" set of wheels, there was an ISSUE. :shock: While trying to compensate for the extra weight I had obtained at a local Dairy Queen (I just love this Goldwing stuff), and not factoring in the wind direction and velocity, nor paying any attention to the degree of rake of the parking lot, I, ah, DROPPED IT. Well, not my bike of course since the three wheels help a bit with that. NO, it was the OTHER RIDE that I dropped, or, should I confess, dropped me. Nothing worse than trying to look cool in front of all your buddies only to hit the pavement with your wheelchair coming to rest on top of you. Althought one friend gave me a 7.3 for technique, but a 9.4 for expression. 8)

So, as stated, do I qualify for anything here? :wink:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wheels:

Since your other ride has "FOUR" wheels, I would think that you are the new President of the club :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, Ive laid mine down 3 times in two months. Wife was on the back 2 times. Never went pass the crash bars but left the wifie on one time while I bailed and rolled down the hill on pavement. Darcy was yelling for me to get my a$$ back up the hill. Told her to hold while I picked the rocks out of my elbows. :D :flg:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.