GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this message board and I find it full of great information. You all gave me some great advice when I asked and I took it to heart. I have found information on accessories, tips on tires, riding and read some great stories.

I found this site by accident when looking on the internet for 2004 Goldwing Reviews (did not find any). I visit alot of message boards for different things and have found that we (members) are usually in the minority. Alot of Goldwing riders out there with valuable info but don't know about this message board.

Anyway lately I have read about frame cracks and they are organized in threads that talk about cracking, and other threads talking about 03 models, none talk about the year and cracking together.

HAL, can you put up a sticky that stays at the top that can be updated with information on cracks and the years that are effected so far. what I mean is some of the valuable information that is posted is lost because it moves down and then other information is lost because the point of the thread is lost because of the length of the thread. Any important information that effects everyone or just great info can be placed in a sticky.

Still looking at getting my 04 model soon, a little concerned because of the latest threads but again there are alot of riders out there that are not having any problems. One of my biggest concerns is spending 20,000 dollars on something and have to inspect it every week. spending that kind of money my worries should be tire pressure, how much gas is in the tank not weather my bike is falling apart for whatever reason. But again the day is getting closer.

To all you guys that post and answer us lesser knowing and all wanting Goldwing wantabee's......Thanks

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
There are a number of threads reguarding the current new cracks etc.
And from the old board to this new one the board has new area's of interest ? Or a certain protacall (SP) if you will. The board sponsor has posted for all of us members a lot of information, and he does have a business to operate also. So he cannot spend a whole lot of time on the board. After you are hear awhile you will learn to operate the board quite easily. Ask a question or do a search and I'm sure there will be someone to assist you if they can. And welcome fortune...........

I

·
0 Posts
Congrats on your new 04. I also speak as a Newbie Wing Rider. You are about to experience and enjoy the greatest bike ride you will ever have.

I bought an 02 dealer demo last fall, and have ridden it very little, but just enough to know what a great machine the Wing is..in spite of its flaws. My bike was in the original frame crack recall, and has been fixed, along with the ECM and cooling problem. Now it appears that there may be more problems with frame cracks in a different area in my vintage of Wing. However, I am not panicking at this point...just looking, checking, and listening. It only has 2200 miles on it so it may be too early for the other cracks to appear.

For what it is worth, I am not aware of any issues on the 04 model with frame cracks or any other problems...at least so far. As a new model, most riders haven't had a chance to put many miles on their 04's. Only time will tell.

If I were you, I would ride and not worry. Just keep your eyes and ears open, watch the forums, and stay in touch with your dealer. The chatter on forums can be alarming, but keep in mind that, as is true with much internet traffic on any subject, there is a lot of BS and bad information. However, there are also some very knowledgable and experienced folks out there. Like anything else, sort the wheat from the chaf.

One word of warning from one newbie to another...be careful. You will have one very big and powerful machine at the command of your right hand. Twist the grip with care.

Most of all...have fun and ride safely :yes: .

·
Registered
645 Posts
that broad is't there any more
checked on it :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
In order to have access to the service information you have to sign up in the user group.

Click on the "Usergroup" icon just below the banner at the top of the page and fill in the required information.

Works for me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts