GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to ride. We are having a few days of bearable temperatures in the North Country but there is still salt on the roads so that itch can't be scratched just yet. Spring is coming, SOME DAY!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
If I could send you some of this rain we have had around for the past 2 weeks that sat would be gone....

·
Registered
851 Posts
We have enjoyed 44 inches of snow this month.:eek:4: So far.:frown2: We will most likely end up the year with over 100 inches of the white stuff. The main roads are in pretty good shape but the side roads are frozen solid. Spring can not arrive soon enough. Sigh....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Got some rain here in Chicago, but I usually wait until late March/Early April before taking my bike out and about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same deal in the northern tier of PA. Had rain yesterday but the cinders they use for anti-skid material is like getting shot at when you ride this time of year.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We have enjoyed 44 inches of snow this month.:eek:4: So far.:frown2: We will most likely end up the year with over 100 inches of the white stuff. The main roads are in pretty good shape but the side roads are frozen solid. Spring can not arrive soon enough. Sigh....
When I lived in Syracuse, NY a few decades ago, the average annual snowfall was 109". Syracuse was just below the, "snow belt" where annual snowfall was about twice that of Syracuse. I still love the beauty of NY State, and still have friends there. But only visit in the summertimes. Life is just too short to live in that much snow. LOL

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
After reading this, we have nothing to complain about this winter in NJ. In my area we have had maybe a total of 8 inches total all winter. But weather has been extremely wet and poses another danger - Black Ice. But I am in total agreement with you, Spring can't arrive soon enough! :biker:

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
973 Posts
When I lived in Syracuse, NW a few decades ago, the average annual snowfall was 109". Syracuse was just below the, "snow belt" where annual snowfall was about twice that of Syracuse. I still love the beauty of NY State, and still have friends there. But only visit in the summertimes. Life is just too short to live in that much snow. LOL

Yeah Joe, know what you mean. I lived around Syracuse for 11 yrs. The last year I was there we had over 170 inches of snow. That was 71-72. Needless to say I couldn't wait to leave.. :laugh:

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Put 45 miles on my wing a couple days ago, weather really turned to crap after that, 10” of new snow today and tomorrow it supposed to be 14 below zero and very windy.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Pick up a used bike cheap for riding in the crap you wouldn't want to ride your on. Problem solved.

Enough snow has melted to where I can get my KLR out for a spin on the sandy, salted roads around here today.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i'm bringing my bike home from storage in about a month from now. Spring can't get here fast enough. Lots of rides plans and new gear bought that I want to try out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sure glad that I can scratch my itch almost every day of the year here. Not to rub it in. Just saying it cause I can.>:)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
to ride. We are having a few days of bearable temperatures in the North Country but there is still salt on the roads so that itch can't be scratched just yet. Spring is coming, SOME DAY!!!
I put 120 miles on my DCT on Friday! Salt can be washed off:grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts