GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of this lousy weather. This afternoon it is supposed to get up to 42 deg. I am going to get the Wing out and go for a ride. We had some rain this week and I think the salt and sand are mostly gone. I want to pull the new trailer and see how it does. I probaboy will not go very far, just want to get out and say I rode......... :D :D :D [/b]

·
Registered
451 Posts
Taking a Ride

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I rode about 200 miles yesterday and the weather was beautiful although windy. The temp got close to 70 and we ended up in Gulf Shores, AL and all in all it was great. Hope you get some good weather soon. :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
calm down, a couple weeks and its on. we have three in the garage trying to escape also.

loren

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sat around yesterday doing some Honey-do's till about 2pm. It was about 65 degrees and the wife came out to the garage and suggested I get the h e double tooth picks out of there! 5 minutes later I was on the road for about 2 1/2 hours :!:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I hate you Darryl :x :x :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
rode yesterday

rode home yesterday from Visalia yesterday and managed to beat the rain, got cold coming over the grapevine 41 degrees. of course it was all super slab, got home just in time another half hr and it was a diffrent story.
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
136 Posts
Northern Cal

I left early Thursday morning (12th) for the north coast (Cal) with five days off. Forecast had rain on Friday night and nothing but sun in between. Thought maybe I would set up camp Friday night and be ready to continue Saturday morning. Well, rain came in earlier than expected Friday. Got camp set up in the redwoods, I was very comfortable and dry. I left Sunday heading north only to be confronted by high winds and driving rain. So much for forecasts. I did get to ride and truth be told, I enjoy it even when it rains. It’s the maintenance to get everything cleaned up afterwards that I would like avoid.

:D :D :D

RW

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey RW,
Are you going up to the Fallen Riders Memorial in Redding? Should be a nice ride, and maybe the weather will even co-operate.
Hope to see you there. :D

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Roger/Orangestreak
Looks like you weren't that far from my stomping grounds yesterday. That grapevine can be pretty unpredictable this time of year. Always wondered why they don't allow you to chain up instead of closing it down. I think their's just as much truck traffic going over Donner Pass and they don't close it down.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I MADE IT...... :D :D :D Got hold of a buddy of mine and we rode about 65 miles all total. It was not bad. Temp. gauge on bike showed it to be 46 degrees. I had on leathers and my Honda Goldwing jacket along with my snowmobile gloves. Wasn't bad at all. I even got to pull the new trailer to see how it was. It was super. Now I can get back to work........

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
Consider yourself lucky Ross. I had to ride all weekend and I ended up with one nice sunburn! :oops: 500 miles in the last couple of days! :(

On a more serious note.....I'm glad you had a chance to get out and try out pulling the new trailer. It looks great! :) I hope the weather breaks for you real soon.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
You guys are lucky!!

You guys that are getting in some rides are sure lucky. Here in Colorado it seems that every weekend has been cold. In the past we have been able to get in quite a few rides through the end of January, but this year has been very limited. We haven't had really big snows, just seems like the little ones keep coming and coming. We are still in a drought situation, so I don't want to wish that the snow will go away.

However, I see my surgeon again on March 1st and hopefully will get the clearance to start doing a little riding. Neck muscles still pretty weak, so I may put the helmet on and the chin will drop to the chest (heh, heh). Lots of snow around my place, but I can always trailer down off the mountain on warmer spring days and hopefully get in a little riding!!!! You guys in the south, keep reminding me what it is like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cold Weather Riding

Ross,
Don't you feel sorry for all those cold weather riders from CAL, FLA, & AZ.
suffering through those 60 and 70 degree days.
I'm with you sometimes you just have to ride.
Today was one of those days, sunny and 36 here in Milwaukee.
We're expecting 3" of snow tonight.
So today was the day, ya gotta go!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Blue Max,
I would love for a 60 degree day. Just look at the pic of my bike. Not all of CA is in the sunshine. :rain1: :snow1: :x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts