GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would just share some pics of the changes I made. I did not really care for the humped version I made the first time (look at the Owners Group Forum photo gallery http://www.ridersrally.com/gallery/ under jwing for pics of all versions if you want or under the old post "I don't know how to use Photoshop so i had to do it for real" in the General forum (Same forum http://www.ridersrally.com/forum/ ). Again some notes about the thing. I can put the trunk back on in about 15 min to 30 min if I am working fast. I have a drivers backrest reciever from a Hartco seat that will allow me to slip in a backrest (working on this part now) for my girl when she wants to go for a few hour ride.

Thank you all for your time in taken a look.

Also in another post this board or another someone was asking about BlackChrome (the pipes are BlackChrome)

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
that................is very cool!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doing that to my wing would almost make me wanna keep it.... :D

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, whats that white stuff all around that sharp looking bike??????

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That is awsome!

Do you have any detail pics on how you shaved the set or how you replace the trunk when needed? etc...

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Saaaaweeeeet

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Very Very Neat, Luv it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I personally don't care for it. But hey, it's yours, & not mine. It is a one of a kind,
& you should be proud of the work you done. It sure cold use some chrome, IMHO.
I hope you at least, use OEM crush washers.
:wink:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sharp looking Wing. Looks really good without the trunk.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Great looking bike. And with the snow tire option it would work well in Canada!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice work jw,
Looks to me like you've carried the theme all the way through very nicely.
DC

Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
I personally don't care for it. But hey, it's yours, & not mine. It is a one of a kind,
& you should be proud of the work you done. It sure cold use some chrome, IMHO.
I hope you at least, use OEM crush washers.
:wink:
So, Verdayne introduces me to his wife,
and I say... I personally don't care for her.
But hey, it's yours not mine.
It's a one of a kind,......
Do you suppose I would have been better off not saying anything? :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

1 - 20 of 49 Posts