GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon, I was headed to a doctors appointment in Evansville, Indiana, which is about 80 miles from my house.

After the interstate spur gets into town, it goes down to 55mph and then there are stoplights. As I was stopped at a red light, I could smell 90 weight oil and even remarked to myself, that the poor guy driving the truck next to me must have a leaking rear end. Light changed to green, I went to my appointment.

I came out of the doctors office to find a huge pool of oil all around my rear tire............yep the rear end oil was all on the blacktop.

Quickly weighing my options 1) call a buddy to come with a trailer. 2) ride to the nearest auto parts store, by some gear oil and then just fill it up, start towards the house, stopping periodically to put more oil in it or 3) ride it about three miles to Paul269's house.

Paul owns http://midwestcustomcyclework.com/ . He lives in Evansville, and is a Traxxion Dealer/installer and one hell of a great guy.

I chose option 3, and when I got to Pauls house, he was in his garage doing a full monty for a rider who had ridden down from Sandusky Ohio. Paul, said "hey, what are you up to?" I pointed to my bike, he looked at it and said, what is that all over the back, and then in the same breath he said, back it in here, I have rear end for it.

He put some cardboard down on his garage floor, I backed my bike in and placed it on the center stand. Paul continued to work on the other guys bike, but loaned my all the necessary tools and advise, while I did an R & R of the rear end. He even took the time to weld the nut back on the muffler clamp, after I had to use a grinder to cut off one of the bolts.

His wife Jeanne fixed us supper and in less than a couple of hours, I was headed down the interstate back to my house with a rear end from a trike conversion that had zero miles on it.

What did it cost me? Nada, zero, zilch. Paul being the great guy and friend only ask me to locate another rear end to replace the one he gave me.

I just wanted to thank him publicly for saving the day once again.......so, thanks again Paul:bow::bow::bow:.
Sonny

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Oops, thought I had done something right for a change. :shock:

Glad it happened when and where it did, Sonney.

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul at Wingstock this year. As you said, a great guy and he knows Goldwings.

He has put together a little box that fits below the left armrest that has all the plug-ins you'll ever need and some neat on/off switches that are plu and play. Since my bride is riding with me a little more now, I'm thinking seriously about having him put them on. Road Trip :yes1:

Say, Hi, to Debbie from us both.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, thought I had done something right for a change. :shock:

Glad it happened when and where it did, Sonney.

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul at Wingstock this year. As you said, a great guy and he knows Goldwings.

He has put together a little box that fits below the left armrest that has all the plug-ins you'll ever need and some neat on/off switches that are plu and play. Since my bride is riding with me a little more now, I'm thinking seriously about having him put them on. Road Trip :yes1:

Say, Hi, to Debbie from us both.
Maybe its whats in a name??????? some of the greatest guys I know are named Paul..........:thumbup: Yea, his little box is pretty daggum cool for sure.

Deb says hey back atcha...........Did Joy ever try that French Lick wine? We have another local winery that has a similiar wine that I think is even better. We will bring you a bottle or two the next time we come through, or if you guys get up this way????????

·
Registered
428 Posts
That's what we call up here in the Pacific Northwest as a class act. Hard to find people like that now a days,:bow:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts