GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The handlebar riser/relocation spacers on the GL 1800 handllebars. If you have them how do you like them? DO they relieve your arm pains or tiredness? JWTK, thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well I have the Reg Risers.They move the bars up and back.Love them...before it seems I was hunched over to get to the bars....now I'm back and can sit up like I should....JMHO

Would do them again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed MBL Innovations a few months ago. Rises up, back and in. Perfect for me. Much more relaxed seat position with Utopia backrest and easier U-turns without moving forward up the tank. I'm 5'7" (Almost. The older I get, the shorter I become) with short arms and legs, so for me it works well..........

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I have the original REGs and love them. East to install and very comfortable for me. The new ones move either rearward or forward from the stock position.

BTW there are many threads dealing with risers. Let me know if you want me to send some links to you so you can read more about them.

Our own injured DDKING had specs on the original REGs and MBLs that he has posted.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I ordered a set of Kuryakyn risers back in June. Still don't have them so I can't say how the work, but I liked the relocation that they advertise. Seems about right for me.

Come on Kury, get your act together. If you can't deliver, don't advertise!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the original Regs. Took the pain away from between my shoulder blades.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had the original REGs on my 2001 along with a Diamond seat cut back for more leg room. I was definitely reaching too far from that seating position and the REGs fixed that. I have done the same thing to my 2003, same type Diamond seat but now I have installed the new style REGs on the same day I did the seat. Great combination. Thumbs up for sure.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I took a six-hour test ride on a new seat a few months ago. Came back with the butt fine but my neck and shoulders were like iron... Put on the new reg risers and havent had that problem again even after a couple 14-hour days in the saddle.. Definitely recommended for tall folk.. .. I"M 6'4.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys. That's what this site is all about. I ordered the MBL's, sound like the ticket for me. I held my hands up and in the measured amount and it is a much more comfortable position. Will let you know when I put them on and ride.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am 5'9" with average arm length. Sometimes, while riding I pretend my handle bars are an inch or so back by making a fist and holding it on backside of the bars. Trying to get a feel for whether barbacks would help me or not. I like the idea of having them back an inch or so but am not entralled with having them higher. Any suggestions on a product or should I just keep OEM.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am 5'9" with average arm length. Sometimes, while riding I pretend my handle bars are an inch or so back by making a fist and holding it on backside of the bars. Trying to get a feel for whether barbacks would help me or not. I like the idea of having them back an inch or so but am not entralled with having them higher. Any suggestions on a product or should I just keep OEM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts