GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early yesterday, sitting out back before the sun is up drinking coffee. Wife says "let's ride to Payson for breakfast." "Well....YEAH! As you COMMAND!" 5 seconds later I'm checking tires and cleaning the windshield!

Nice, cool, beautiful ride up 87 to Payson, breakfast at 260 Cafe (first time there), a detour up Houston Mesa Rd. to Whispering Pines (awesome road) and back to 87 to 260 and Camp Verde, then I-17 home. A little warm on that piece, but who cares?

Wonderful time with my bride. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
We went up to the Happy Jack Lodge for breakfast yesterday. It was 46 when we pulled in there.

Reactions: Arizona16

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I rode with six other mix'd models yesterday 330 miles at 42* for a BBQ that never happened.........

(I wish that I had a wife that liked to ride) BUT I do have second best, she say's bye bye, see yea when you get home..........(and have dinner waiting!)

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went up to the Happy Jack Lodge for breakfast yesterday. It was 46 when we pulled in there.
Sounds like another place to try. Been to the Long Valley Cafe at the Lake Mary/ 87 junction a number of times and we like that place.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Sounds like another place to try. Been to the Long Valley Cafe at the Lake Mary/ 87 junction a number of times and we like that place.

Long Pine is now closed. Had to do with the owner of the complex. In fact, it got so bad I hear the locals won't do any business there anymore. The people that used to run the cafe are now at the Happy Jack Lodge. He locked them out. This comes from a different person that used to rent from him.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Long Pine is now closed. Had to do with the owner of the complex. In fact, it got so bad I hear the locals won't do any business there anymore. The people that used to run the cafe are now at the Happy Jack Lodge. He locked them out. This comes from a different person that used to rent from him.
Too bad. Guess it’s Happy Jack Lodge from now on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts