GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO NO NO, Not age!!!!! That would make me half as old as Bullet Bob!! >:) I have dropped 80 lbs on my diet!! :yes:

I know a few others have been loosing weight too. How about sharing your progress?

·
Registered
909 Posts
NO NO NO, Not age!!!!! That would make me half as old as Bullet Bob!! >:) I have dropped 80 lbs on my diet!! :yes:

I know a few others have been loosing weight too. How about sharing your progress?

Congrats Boomer!! Last time I tried to lose weight, it found me again. Right now, I just try to maintain what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Wow, that's AMAZING!!! I can just imagine how much better you feel. I am betting you have more energy, improved mental clarity, less aches & pains, less inflammation throughout the body (including within the arteries), and your bloodwork has all went, "in the right direction". Yes? No?

Congrats, and keep doing whatever it is you are doing, or not doing. ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wow, that's AMAZING!!! I can just imagine how much better you feel. I am betting you have more energy, improved mental clarity, less aches & pains, less inflammation throughout the body (including within the arteries), and your bloodwork has all went, "in the right direction". Yes? No?

Simple really....just ride right past that Dairy Queen! :cool:

Seriously though....good for you! That is quite an accomplishment and I am sure took some serious will power!

Your quality of life must be much better now!

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Simple really....just ride right past that Dairy Queen! :cool:

Seriously though....good for you! That is quite an accomplishment and I am sure took some serious will power!

Your quality of life must be much better now!

Yes I do feel better and I have waaaay less aches and pain. But my arthritis will never go totally away.
LOL Blood work..... I have just had my blood work done recently. But even with me being extreemly over weight my blood work has always been very good. The doctor has said several times that if I could fill in the paper work the way I wanted it, that's what it looks like. But he also said as I get older it was going to catch up with me.

GOAL........ 39 more to go!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Congratulations on your progress! I'm very happy for you.

I'm down 49 as of this morning, although I suspect I don't "own" a couple of those yet.

I'm having a hard time losing the last 5-10 pounds of fat without losing a lot of muscle. I've spent the last three months trying, and it's looking like a 50/50 game, so I'll have to focus on just losing the weight now and gaining the mass back later.

Once you're over 50 it seems to gets harder to maintain the lean mass in any event. Plus, my job requires hours of sitting, so I don't get to move around as much as I should.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
I lost about 30 during 2018 and have put about 10 back on. Trying real hard right now to get things lined up to prevent any more from coming back. It is a really tough thing to do.

I think losing it is real tough, but it gets even tougher when trying to do a maintenance diet. Old habits die hard.:frown2:

Hang in there Boomer, that is great!! :thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
Found the old "ethiopian " works best ! But i have real problem with food "finding " me ! Congrats on lost lbs. Theres a couple programs out there that "can help" your arthritis - all about food choice. Daughter is nurse and just a matter of finding "program " not diet that works for you . Keep at it !!

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I lost about 30 during 2018 and have put about 10 back on. Trying real hard right now to get things lined up to prevent any more from coming back. It is a really tough thing to do.

I think losing it is real tough, but it gets even tougher when trying to do a maintenance diet. Old habits die hard.:frown2:

Hang in there Boomer, that is great!! :thumbup:

Monk, me thinks I found the culprit. :wink2:>:)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Congrats my friend. I too know how hard it is to change your lifestyle and loose weight but even harder to keep it off and you've done both! Bottom line is we all have to learn to say "NO" to certain things if we want change in our lives. Well done my friend Boomer.

On a side note....maybe a trip to Our Best sometime in the next couple months?.....Just have to say "No" to the peanut butter pie.

Dan

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Down 20 since January. Working towards a goal of losing about 90 total, so that means only 70 more to go. I guess you could say I want to be much less of the man I've been! :smile2: Vacation the last couple of weeks have slowed me down a bit, but that pie at Oark was FANTASTIC :grin2: Now to get back at it!

Congrats to you on your achievement.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Congrats ... that’s great news.
That’s quite an accomplishment!

Take care of your health.

Donnie

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Congrats Boomer. And this time I mean it !!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts