GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well based on all the input on this forum..I ordered a Ultimate seat today...I hope it is a godd as everyone says for that type of $$$..I will be testing it out good in the 14 days I have....I do have a question though...Since the ultimate does not have heat..What do you do with the plug under the seat..Put duck tape on it..or does it come with some type of male plug..to close off the wireing...Just woundering what others have done..Thank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Ultimate seat on my Wing also,there is a thread on here that tells you how to jump resistors from certain pins on the plug and your heated grips will still work,some of the guys more familar with this im sure can help you out,but it works great,I hope you like your Ultimate seat as much as I do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ya can't beat the 14 day trial. Who else offers anything like that?? I love my seat. Probably the best money I spent.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Ultimate seat on my Wing also,there is a thread on here that tells you how to jump resistors from certain pins on the plug and your heated grips will still work,some of the guys more familar with this im sure can help you out,but it works great,I hope you like your Ultimate seat as much as I do.
Thanks found it...look like i have to pick up 4 resistors.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How may folks...Keep ther stock seat for winter,,For the heat?...I am trying to decide if i should sell oem seat.or keep it for the winter..I ride all year long..I gusee i could sell the seat & by some heated gloves,jacket linner..to..What have found to work best for you guys..?,THank

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
How may folks...Keep ther stock seat for winter,,For the heat?...I am trying to decide if i should sell oem seat.or keep it for the winter..I ride all year long..I gusee i could sell the seat & by some heated gloves,jacket linner..to..What have found to work best for you guys..?,THank
I always change my saddle out for aftermarket and I never sell the stock seat. When it comes time to sell or trade put the stocker back on and either keep or sell the aftermarket seat. You'll net a lot more than selling the stock seat now and you keep the option of having the stock seat customized if you can't find an aftermarket seat that fits your butt perfectly.

BTW, I have the Ultimate and I love it! I especially like the backrest configuration. I have never used a backrest and having the ability to remove it whenever I want in all of 2 seconds is great since I rarely use it around town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts