> I also realize that many, when their "little baby" is in for "surgery",
not service or, heaven forbid,.....part replacement....I don't want to
go there>>valium please....

> but why or why is it, there are many questions posted, and I won"t
by any means get specific, for heaven forbid, someone would feel
"singled" out....

> why, are there many questions asked about the "wing", that
would never be asked about their car, truck etc,...given the same
similar fuel injection. rotors, abs, injectors, fans,etc,....

> what should I do, what shouldn't I do, is this okay, etc, etc, etc;

> I'm going to sleep in the garage in case the wing needs me

> it's a mode of transportatiion; it's an engine for petes sake

> service it as required; use it, don't abuse it, otherwise, well, you know, the visioin problem????

> okay, it's 10 pm here,....bored.....by the way, now that it's 10 pm, I should go to the
garage, turn the light on and play some Montovani music...not for me, but,,, you know...

·
Banned
939 Posts

> ... it's an engine for petes sake

> service it as required; use it, don't abuse it, otherwise, well, you know, the visioin problem????
Well, Kennel may I fill you about a few things you have not as of yet learned about the birds and the bees or in this case the twisties, and the engines.

I am assuming you have never told your wife "you are just a woman for petes sake." I could be wrong here, but I doubt it. Give it a try and report back.

As to what should and shouldn't be done, this is mostly curiosity as we live in a rather motorcycle repressive society and there are a lot of unknowns out there and no one wants to think their particular style is "crazy".

Yes the Wing needs "serviced" now and then, as well as to be used or "taken out", she doesn't particularly like to be abused but she does like to experience her limits time to time, and she definitely likes the "vision" thing day or night she does like it with the lights on and particularly likes extra lights to dress her up here and there.

So Kennel, I guess the reason you have not figured it out yet is because you simply do not understand the "RIDE" factor yet.

You see it is obvious you have never really let down all your inhibitions and truly had a no holds bared RIDE with your Wing.

I think you should try it and report back and see if that does not clear up all this confusion you are experiencing.

One more thing never, never, introduce your wife or adult daughters to any Wing Rider that is single and has experienced and truly had a no qualms about it fully engaging Ride or two with his Wing. In your current confused state it will not come out good.

Oh yeah. Ride your own Ride, and as the Darksiders say don't forget to put a little ruber where the tire meets the fenders when slipping it in. Saftey first and all.

By the way your first true Ride is best done out in wild country with no one around but you and your Wing as it can be overwhelming and is best to be shared and cherished just between the two of you.

It's ok everyone does it. Give it a try, you won't regret it and some of the simple things in life will all of the sudden become clear and unadulterated.

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
<...> why, are there many questions asked about the "wing", that would never be asked about their car, truck etc,...given the same similar fuel injection. rotors, abs, injectors, fans,etc,....

Oh, bruddah... :coffee1:

These are the people who haven't had a bike in years, or, believe it or not, it's their FIRST bike.

It's the only logic I can come up with at this time of night.

This is gonna be good... :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Since you didn't give many specifics....

Some people are full of 'stupid' questions, but I'm a believer that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Some of the questions might be out of an abundance of caution. If you have a catastrophic failure of a component in a car your chances of survival, or escaping injury are still quite good. Your chances are not nearly as good on a motorcycle.

Will be interesting to see the other responses.:popcorn:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
When you said, "it's a mode of transportatiion; it's an engine for petes sake", that's where you got it wrong. It is much more complicated than that - it is more a way of life. If you're lucky, you'll figure it out some day.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You obviously haven't visited any of the car or truck forums either. You think we're obsessed?!!!

The difference is you have not "connected" to any of your rides. We, on the other hand, have. And your style is fine. My son-in-law is like you. He puts gas in his car, pays someone else to tell him what to do to it and when, and is very happy that way. Past the ignition key and radio buttons he can't tell you what any part is or its function.

But, and listen carefully now, do not come into the world of the "connected" and start blabbing your lips about our babies and puttin down our questions, remedies, or whatever. Just turn your key and ride and leave us da hell alone. It's just a mode of transportation. :joke:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, I have two reasons for my participation in this forum. First, I just bought a new 2012 and all the options I want cost a small fortune. If I had to pay the dealer to install them, I wouldn't be able to afford a quarter of what I want. The folks on this forum know this bike inside and out. I haven't seen one unanswered, "How do I..."; "Can't figure out..."; "Having major problems with..." post.

Second, this is a community of folks that share the same goal, vision and hobby - their love of the Goldwing and everything surrounding it whether it be riding, training, safety, maintenance, whatever. Many get together offline and share their experiences with us online.

I remember my daughter asking me a while back why bikers wave at each other when passing, whether coming or going. I explained that it's because we share the common bond of bike ownership and all the pitfalls of riding them - the wind, the elements, the four-wheeled idiots, just to name a few. Folks that don't ride will never understand. This forum is an extension of that camaraderie.

And even though you don't quite understand, you're still invited to join in - the understanding will come in time.... :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Goldwing isn't a "must have." It's a very expensive toy. It's not a mode of transportation for me (like my truck is). I don't ride it to work or to the store. When I saddle up, it's for fun and long distances only. It's a joyride in the great outdoors to places unseen. It's a bond enhancer between my wife and me. It's an adventure waiting to happen somewhere over the horizon. It's a friend-maker, too.

I'm very much concerned with how my big, black bug-eyed beastie performs day-to-day. Not only because it's my baby but also because this sucker can get you killed if you don't take care of the little things.

My wife calls it my "mistress." :lol:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Cars, trucks and tractors..........I have done everything from simple oil change to complete engine swaps. Motorcycles, in the past, I have left to someone who has the tools and experience. I am learning though, I have changed the oil and filter in the 1800, changed the coolant, removed the rear wheel, cleaned the switches for the flashers and fog lights, cleaned the front brake switch. Next thing is tackling front wheel removal and top chelter removal (for next air filter change). But, like some above said, things that are simple on a vehicle can be much more critical on two wheels. People may ask those questions because they need more info or want a word of confidence that they can handle the task. Either way.......ride on and have fun!:thumbup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
With all the "how to" questions and others of that type. I sometimes think the majority here are white collar types that never worked with their hands!

LAW :?

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Goldwing isn't a "must have." It's a very expensive toy. It's not a mode of transportation for me (like my truck is). I don't ride it to work or to the store. When I saddle up, it's for fun and long distances only. It's a joyride in the great outdoors to places unseen. It's a bond enhancer between my wife and me. It's an adventure waiting to happen somewhere over the horizon. It's a friend-maker, too.

I'm very much concerned with how my big, black bug-eyed beastie performs day-to-day. Not only because it's my baby but also because this sucker can get you killed if you don't take care of the little things.

My wife calls it my "mistress." :lol:
wow, i like this answer! winger, you hit it right on the button, as to how i feel also. ive only ridden my bike to work twice this year. some call me a big wuss cause i havent, but it just dont FEEL RIGHT. now i know why it dont feel right! cause its NOT A MODE OF TRANSPORTATION! its a pleasure machine! EXACTLY! keep on winginit rick! :bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Winginitrick wins as the most fanatical. I don't think I've ever seen a Goldwing tattoo before. Wow!:yes1:

·
Registered
335 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Winginitrick wins as the most fanatical. I don't think I've ever seen a Goldwing tattoo before. Wow!:yes1:
hahahahahah, yea, i had to keep up with all the harley guys and their tattoos!!! hahahahaha. hell, i got another one too. i had a hell of a time gettin the tat artist to put the american flag behind my wing.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
hahahahahah, yea, i had to keep up with all the harley guys and their tattoos!!! hahahahaha. hell, i got another one too. i had a hell of a time gettin the tat artist to put the american flag behind my wing.
he said that just aint right. i said hey, my wing was made RIGHT HERE IN MARYSVILLE OHIO! right up north a little from where i live! :thumbup: so he said, oh alright! needless to say, he is a harley rider. we kept it light hearted, but he didnt like it. yea, im a walkin, ridin, advertisment for goldwings! lol.... :yes1: keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
> I realize many view their "wing as their "little baby"....fine

> I also realize that many, when their "little baby" is in for "surgery",
not service or, heaven forbid,.....part replacement....I don't want to
go there>>valium please....

> but why or why is it, there are many questions posted, and I won"t
by any means get specific, for heaven forbid, someone would feel
"singled" out....

> why, are there many questions asked about the "wing", that
would never be asked about their car, truck etc,...given the same
similar fuel injection. rotors, abs, injectors, fans,etc,....

> I'm going to sleep in the garage in case the wing needs me

> it's a mode of transportatiion; it's an engine for petes sake

> okay, it's 10 pm here,....bored.....by the way, now that it's 10 pm, I should go to the
garage, turn the light on and play some Montovani music...not for me, but,,, you know...
For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who don't, no explanation is sufficient. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts