GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pulling out of the parking lot of Jay's Sporting Good's "Jay's is like Cabela's" and a truck was pulling in with Lowrance written all over it. So, I did a quick u-turn and stopped and ask a few questions about the new iway600. First, they will be sending them out starting next week. They have already quit making the iway500 and the iway 600 will replace it. So, don't think you will want to buy a iway 500. He assured me that they spent a lot of time getting the quality control a lot better with the iway600. He also said he has seen the 500 and 600 side-by-side working and they are day and night different is the quality of screen display. The 600 uses J-peg and has some features not even listed on the description page of Lawrance. I forgot to ask them if it will have a card slot. He was really excited talking about the new unit. We will see in a couple weeks after it gets in some users hands.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
That's cool - I wonder if he really knows the truth or if he's just spouting the 'company line'. I hope they do have their QC issues resolved...

BTW, the 500c uses JPEG graphics as well as GIF files and supports transparency levels as well, so you can make 'shadow' icons if you like.

They add features at every firmware upgrade level, which is one of the reasons I still love the iWay (when it works :lol: )

I can't wait to see one in real life - it'll be interesting to see which gets here first, the 600 or the Zumo. :)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I've heard the "we've greatly improved our QC here at Lowrance" from many employees. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. So far we haven't seen the improved quality yet. Just ask Lamont, I think he's on #9 now.

I honestly hope they get the 600 right. The satelite imagery is wonderful.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Rastoff said:
I've heard the "we've greatly improved our QC here at Lowrance" from many employees. As they say, the proof is in the pudding. So far we haven't seen the improved quality yet. Just ask Lamont, I think he's on #9 now.

I honestly hope they get the 600 right. The satelite imagery is wonderful.

OOOOOOPPPS--------------------------------#10

1 - 5 of 5 Posts