GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL ITS GONE AND I DONT THINK ANY SALE HAS BOTHERED ME AS MUCH AS THIS ONE :cry:

I WILL STICK AROUND AND SEE WHATS GOING ON BUT WONT BE THE SAME,THANKS TO ALL MY NEW FRIENDS AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT X-MAS!!!

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Now you know how a Hardley owner feels.....

:wink:

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Sorry bud, I know how much that bike meant to ya. I hate to see it go too. There is a lot of great memories there but they will soon pale compared to the new ones coming with your family.

Besides, you ain't gettin rid of me that easy. I still know where ya live and I will never forget what a great cook Kat is. :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It is amazing how much a GoldWing can effect us!

I have mine at the dealership now going on 3 months (parts on backorder from my bent shift fork) and even though I have the 750 and 250 in the garage AND have ridden both of them - it just isn't the same as getting out on my GL!

I can sympathize with your grieving at watching a fine machine and hours of enjoyment going away for the last time.

BUT you don't have to leave here - Rick your knowledge didn't depart with the bike! And kids grow-up and you have to enjoy them while their young. When they get older the joy is different but just as rewarding (ok sometimes LOL).

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
It is a sad day indeed!!!

Rick we have never met but I have enjoyed your posts and watched your vids and just wanted to say thanks.

Enjoy this new phase of your life and be safe out on the big road.

Oh and did I say that we all know sooner or later you will be back on a Wing!!!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Rick, glad to have known you. I hope that our friendship will last until another Goldwing is sitting your drive. Besides, what other Canadian saw you as much as I did the summer of 06.

All the best with the family on your dirt bikes.

Have a great Christmas and a Joyeous and prosperous New Year!

Shadow1
Hal Elliott

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
We will cross paths again, soon. Hope you and your son have a wonderful and safe time on your new rides.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know the feeling. I almost backed out of the sale of my Wing when I saw it pulling away. I love my FJR but I miss my Wing. Why can't we all be rich?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I've never met you and all I know about you is what I've learned here on the board. Admirable what you're doing for your kids and family, but all I can say is, after all the riding you've done at the Dragon .......You'll be back! It's in your blood to be on a Wing I do believe in the future you'll be back on one. :)

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours. 8)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rick
I met and talked with you at the Dragon Store and I know this was heart felt moment for you but you have lots of great memories that will live on, not to mention some great stories to tell. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :twisted:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Hang in there Rick and good luck on your next endeavor. Feel free to call on me or most of us if we can do anything for you on the road.

I'll be in your neck of the woods next April and perhaps we can do some Bar B Q.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I do not even want to think of my wing being on a trailer and never coming back. Not a good thing. I hate to see it leave only when the local dealer comes to pick it up for me.

Rick it will get better in time. I just waiting for the video of the 18 wheeler carving some mountain trails........

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Rick - sorry for your loss. I know you'll enjoy your new sport and career, and will likely be back with us. Best of luck.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Rick,

I think it will only be a matter of time until you return to Goldwing ownership. Your riding style and desire to travel will get the best of you! Best of luck with the OTW job and the dirt bikes! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hey Rick - We met briefly after riding Route 116 after Honda Hoot a couple years ago. Talked up at the Norris Dam overlook.

I know how you feel. I have loved every Wing I have owned (4) and I felt very close to each one when I upgraded. I wanted to keep each one but the wife said NO way.

I had a really bad dream one night that I opened my garage door and someone had taken my Wing. I woke up in a cold sweat and went to the garage to check. It was there but I could hardly get it off my mind just how hard it would be if I didn't have a Gold Wing in my garage. I don't know how I will handle it when it comes time to hang up the keys and get rid of it. I am 2 years from turning 70 and I guess I am on the countdown.

Now I know how much you love to ride and how you love the Gold Wing and ... I predict that you will get through this and when your son is old enough to ride a Wing, you will have someone to teach the finer points of motorcycling and ... let me tell you, it was a thrill when my oldest son bought a Wing and we were able to ride together.

He is busy raising a young family now and I predict that when his kids are older, if I am still alive, we will ride together again.

Keep the rubber side down and we hope to see you again down the road.

... Road Runner

·
Registered
902 Posts
That's a great pic. Life makes changes for us all.

The time with your son will be more rewarding than anything you did on the wing.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Never met you Rick,
But I feel like I know you from this forum.
I followed your escapades with great interest and enjoyment.
Your posts are always worth following.
I have owned at least 20 bikes and every one of them left a hole
when they went away.
I'm willing to bet, from the way you got into this one,
that you'll have another, if not many others, as time goes by,
and that each one will have a special place in your memories,
just as each of mine has for me.
Of all the material things
This world can throw in your path
It's refreshing to see a man like you
who will put his family above all that.
Merry Christmas and best wishes in all your pursuits.
DC

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
YellowWofl,

I respect you not for your riding FEATS, but for your LIFE feats in recognition that YOUR SON was the MOST IMPORTANT ride in your life!

I really wish more FATHERS were LIKE YOU!

Merry CHRISTmas & Happy New Year!

Shane

1 - 20 of 30 Posts