GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread may should be in the classifieds. But... here is is anyway. I have a set of 03 stock mufflers, and a set of 03 stock wheels to sell. I want to list them on ebay but cant find any listed to compare what they should sell for. I'm not going to give them away. I will keep and store them before I'll do that. I just hate storing parts. I get like Red in Fla. sometimes, my storeroom gets full and I get fussed at by the wife.
I have not looked at selling prices for stock items as I have been shopping for custom items. Can anyone help with what I should expect to get for these. I want to put a reserve on them when I list them.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
336 Posts
For sale

I paid $200 for a new rear tire and wheel off a dealer trike conversion. Rear wheel can be easy to get but now the front is more difficult. I would ask more for it. Used exhaust system. Maybe 1/2 retail. JMHO
Jerry

·
Chard Member
12,974 Posts
I would say $25 for the mufflers and $50 for the wheels. Of course that includes shipping to Clearwater! :D I'll put the check in the mail this afternoon! LOL.... I'm just kidding, I'll send a money order! :lol:

Paul.....Check your private messages!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a rear wheel, less than 100 miles, on eBay for $102..I saw a couple more go for around the same price. That was without a tire. I believe the front wheel went for about $185.

Bob York

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
mufflers and wheels

Paul,
I would take a long trip with your new mufflers before i sold the stock exhaust system. Also will the future buyer of your 03 wing be happy with aftermarket mufflers?
Just food for thought. Personally i would hold on to the stock mufflers.
JD 8)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Good advise JD.

I put Mustang mufflers on my 1500 and put the stock system back on after 1 month and 4000 miles. I was happy I still had the old ones.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keeping Ther Stockers

After your responses, I think I will keep my stock mufflers. Just in case.
This is a great forum. Always nice to get a different perspective than your own on subjects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts