GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the F6B. I'm a bagger fan. I been a fan ever since I took the trunk off and left the bags on my Honda CB750K.

So, my question is: Who is going to be the first person/company to offer a trunk for the Honda F6B bagger?

Corbin? They like that sort of thing.
WingStuff? They already have a new luggage rack for the F6B.
One of the F6B trike makers?

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I don't think anyone will. I doubt if there would be a market for it. That's one of the reason's people buy the F6B, no trunk. If you want a trunk get a Gold Wing and you also have cruise control, self cancelling blinkers, center stand ETC.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I was thinking that a great trunk alternative and also removable for the F6B would be a Pakit Rak, or something like that.
I have the Rivco add-a rack bracket. But I made my own rack and got a large Saddlemen trunk. Vehicle Car Trunk Bumper Automotive exterior

Corventure Dave

·
IronMan
18,560 Posts
:roll::roll: SAME SET UP I HAVE- FULL HITCH - BESTUM BOX (PUSH BUTTON POPS OFF ) REMOVEABLE RACK ( 2 PINS ) ONLY THING WITH BESTUM IT HAS BACKREST BUILT IN SO IF YOU MOUNTED UP WHERE IT SUPPOSED TO GO WOULD WORK FOR BACKREST FOR PASSENGER

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
I don't think anyone will. I doubt if there would be a market for it. That's one of the reason's people buy the F6B, no trunk. If you want a trunk get a Gold Wing and you also have cruise control, self cancelling blinkers, center stand ETC.
I like the F6B. I'd consider one but sometimes I need the trunk... I believe a lot of people fall into that category.

AND ... how nice would it be if the accessory trunk actually matched the saddlebags and looked nice! That would be a great improvement. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Exactly....and who in their right mind would give 20k for a bike that does not come with such basic functions as self cancelling turn signals, center stand, and cruise control? What in the HE!! was Honda thinking when the omitted those? That doesn't save any $$$$$. That stuff is just simple, very low cost electronics.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Why would anyone with any sense by an F6B if they wanted a trunk? :shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Why would anyone with any sense by an F6B if they wanted a trunk? :shrug::shrug:
:roll: Geez... with any sense? :roll:

I already answered that. I like the look without the trunk but SOMETIMES I need the trunk. So now I have one with a trunk. Doesn't mean I don't have any sense. I just means I have different likes and wants than others.

Aren't you glad you can buy the bike YOU want?

Nothing wrong with choices is there? :shrug::shrug:

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Exactly....and who in their right mind would give 20k for a bike that does not come with such basic functions as self cancelling turn signals, center stand, and cruise control? What in the HE!! was Honda thinking when the omitted those? That doesn't save any $$$$$. That stuff is just simple, very low cost electronics.
Maybe trying to get back to a more basic form of a bike, the GL1800 owner is pretty spoiled if you started riding when I did all these things were not offered, center stand maybe but usually not with a side stand, when you buy a GL1800 your buying into the high end equipped bike

FYI the deluxe version F6B has all that stuff other than cruise

·
Banned
2,607 Posts
Why would anyone with any sense buy a motorcycle, if they need the storage room a trailer gives them?

Or the storage a trunk gives them, for that matter.

Seriously, I can see that advantage of a removeable trunk. Had one on my VTX, but it was made of leather :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
:agree::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I understand the f6b-- except the lack of cruise control. It was probably more trouble to "undesign" the cruise control than to just leave it on the bike. If it's there, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. If it's not there, you can't use even if you really want or need to!! And I've never understood the st1300 NOT having a factory cruise control--after all, it's a long distance touring bike with a sporty design.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think a smaller sleeker easily detachable trunk would be awesome for longer trips. I would never leave it on all the time but it would be cool to have. Id buy one in a second if it matched the criteria listed above. It would be nice if it kinda matched the sweet angular look of the rear of the side bags.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.