GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
....but being a new Wing owner, could someone please tell me where the fuses are located?
There are no dumb questions, we've all had to ask at what we though were dumb questions at one time or another... :oops: :thumbup:

Welcome to the board...
:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still get "CB Error". This is what I was doing before this happened: I had turned on the Audio button and was listening to music and then I turned on the CB button and pushed the button again to try to get it to go through my headset and not the speakers. The controls on the handlebar worked but then the CB went dead and there was nothing. No volume, no squelch, no channel display. Any ideas about this situation?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
OK, I just figured out you have an 05. Pull fuse #22 and wait a few minutes, reinstall it and try your audio and cb again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I still get "CB Error". This is what I was doing before this happened: I had turned on the Audio button and was listening to music and then I turned on the CB button and pushed the button again to try to get it to go through my headset and not the speakers. The controls on the handlebar worked but then the CB went dead and there was nothing. No volume, no squelch, no channel display. Any ideas about this situation?
Chicky, from what I understand, most "CB Error's" can be traced back to a connection that is not fully engaged. I read that you had the dealer install the CB when you purchased your bike, it could be that the CB connector under the shelter has worked loose.
Just a thought
Good Luck

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I don't have a CB, but isn't it under that door in the center of the trunk?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
It would be on the rear floor of the left saddlebag, with the tool kit there's a rubber bungie to hold it. I doubt it is still there. Have you tried the fuse reset I posted above in #11 post?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, it reset my everything except the radio. My dealership had "Anita's Toy" that came on the screen every time I turned on the key or turned it off now that is gone. How do I re-do that? The CB must be a connector. Is the connector under the left glove-box?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts