GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Garmin asking how you get the 478 to scroll the address numbers like it does on the SPIII when you are driving down the road. Well, I received a answer tonight. The SPIII is the only Garmin unit that has ever done this. They are going to forward to the software guys to see if there is a simple fix so other Garmin units will be able to do this. Well, we will see if they do indeed come up with a way to watch the address #'s scroll by as you drive down the road.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interesting. What do you mean by scroll? My 2730 shows the address in a box and it changes as I drive down the street to show my location. I assume you mean something else.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Does Garmin know what their own units do?

·
Registered
366 Posts
BlueWing,
I emailed Garmin asking how you get the 478 to scroll the address numbers like it does on the SPIII when you are driving down the road. Well, I received a answer tonight. The SPIII is the only Garmin unit that has ever done this.
Wrong...! The Garmin SP-26xx series has the ability to display the CURRENT LOCATION in the data box(es) on the map page -- which is to say, the address and street name on a "scrolling" basis. That feature might be available on the Garmn 276/376C also.

I can't imagine where the Garmin rep came up with that grossly-inaccurate comment about the SP-III being the only Garmin GPS that has ever done this. Normally, the Garmin Tech Support reps are very knowledgable about their products...!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You can select the scrolling address box in the GarminQue software for PDA's. They have removed this feature from their newer PDA software. :cry:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then I stand corrected. That is what the email from Garmin stated. I guess the person answering my question just B.S. there response to me. So much for Garmin speaking the truth.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
BlueWing said:
So much for Garmin speaking the truth.
Don't be too harsh, this is probably more a case of simple ignorance than malicious intent.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Jon said:
Maybe he got the same tech that told you that you can customize the data tabs on the Zumo? :D
I hope it was because if it wasn't then they got a batch of bad techs!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am intrigued over this. Soooooo how do you get the 2730 to scrol through addresses????. Or should i have read past page 2 in the manual.
ride safe Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
206 Posts
You set the thing up to show street addresses and then it shows each one as it comes up. The first time I did it accidentally I didn't know what was going one but it is one of the options that you have if you know how to get to it to set it up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
How do you get the SPIII to use this feature? :? :roll:

·
Registered
17,123 Posts
RATZ!

More homework to do to get my 2730 jest right.

The dang thing will show so much data on teh screeen that is cluttered, so ya have to decide what is most improtant to you. Can anyone drop a hint as to where in the software screens the feature is presented to select? Then again. maybe its better to just hunt for it and see how many other features are being missed.

prs

·
Registered
206 Posts
To select the Current Location to display the address of streets as you approach them, go to Settings, Map, then down to Map Data Fields, touch Thin unless you want large data fields which will take up alot of space on the screen, then touch Navigation Fields or Audio & Navigation Fields (if you want a soft key to be able to go directly to your audio screen to mute the device or change channels etc., the select data field 1 or 2 or 3 and then scroll down to the type of data field you want which is Current Location. You can put this on Line 1, 2 or 3.

·
Registered
624 Posts
xxxrider,

I've sent you a PM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts