GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GPS blue tooth will be compatiable with it. If it is not blue tooth compatible then who has a cable that will hook up to the usb plug on the phone. Thanks

Going to buy my first GPS this spring. I'm in the learning stage. Right now I have nothing :cry:

I will want to include my 8500 radar dectector, I'm thinking of using custom ear plugs with speakers. I ride alone (one up) and a CB is not in the future plans so I shouldn't need a mic. Will have an XM if the GPS will not have it. Zumo or IWAyer 600 :chat:

I know the field is wide open but give MeKnee a helping :hun1:

·
Vendor
18,613 Posts
WeKneeDragger said:
GPS blue tooth will be compatiable with it. If it is not blue tooth compatible then who has a cable that will hook up to the usb plug on the phone. Thanks
Are you wanting to hook a corded headset to an older Razor ... I'm confused?

Who is the carrier?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
some more info on my wants

My equipment so far is just my older razor phone (with Cingular) the radar detector and a Tulsa radar mount.
I have my detector connected to the ign. on the bike. Listen to FM on the bike's speakers and can hear the detector over the speakers most of the time. I have Passport's direct wire smart wire direct cord that has a mute button, one red LED light that comes on the detector goes off. That usually catches my eye. I have a non flip Shoei full face helmet with no speakers or mic.
My two picks are either the iWay 600, 500 or Zumo 550.
I want to have xm, blue tooth and my Passport x50 connected into the bike to hear from either a headset, speakers or both. I want the radar detector to interrupt any source and I think it would be cool if I had a switch that would turn on or off the voice on the GPS.
I hope my wants are not too, far out of reach.
I like the screen size of the iWays and I know for what I'm wanting the Zumo would be a easier route. I'm trying to keep a neutral position between the two manufacturers. I don't mind spending a little more to get a better set-up if necessaary.
If I go with the iWay, will I still be able to use some sort of blue tooth phone connected to the bike's system?
I would like to buy within the next two to three months.
Any inputs and advise is highly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts