GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now everyone can see what the posters look like. Of course, we all may not want to see some LOL. This chance to change font colors, & size is pretty cool too. Life is good, & this is fun!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya... this is a big improvement! And you can add pics to your signature, as well. I also included my bike description after my location. Lots of things you can add if you want to.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I like the pictures of the members a lot also...

...even though some of us look old and decrepit -- wonder if that is because we are. Nonetheless, a nice additon to this board. Still haivng trouble reading some of the small print, which is even worse because my screen operates at 1280x1024 -- which is the best for many of my programs but results in some pretty darn small print on this message board.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Try 1600x1200 on a 19inch monitor

In any case, I'm sure that Internet Explorer and Mozilla (if the prefs are set) will enlarge the fonts for you if you hold down the <CTRL> key while scrolling the mouse wheel. You should also be able to set a minimum font size in the prefs somewhere. This will affect a change for every site you visit. :D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Thanks for the tip

I use IE all the time and did not know about the CTRL-Wheel use to make the text a little bigger. Does help somewhat.

G

·
0 Posts
Changing font size

Thanks, Stormbringer.

I, too, had no idea that holding down Ctrl and turning the mouse wheel would change font size. That's very cool.

Mark

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Re: Changing font size

MarkM said:
Thanks, Stormbringer.

I, too, had no idea that holding down Ctrl and turning the mouse wheel would change font size. That's very cool.

Mark
Yes, it is.

Bob E.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Bob............

What's with the 'blast from the past' ??? 8) 8) A thread from 4 years ago ?? :shock:

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Hedo said:
Bob............

What's with the 'blast from the past' ??? 8) 8) A thread from 4 years ago ?? :shock:
I have run into this from "time to time" some boardmembers are a little "Slow".......

Matt(Ashland,MA)

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
What is this post about?? Maybe I rode too long today and am suffering from mind melt, but I just can't figure this one out... :wink:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
S&W Triker said:
What is this post about?? Maybe I rode too long today and am suffering from mind melt, but I just can't figure this one out... :wink:
The original post from Verdayne (check the date) was about the feature of the then new board software that allowed avatars to be shown alongside posts. This was a couple of years before I had ever heard of the forum.

I am not sure why Robeth dug the old chestnut up, but there are certainly posts more surreal than this one to decipher.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
leftwinger said:
S&W Triker said:
The original post from Verdayne (check the date) was about the feature of the then new board software that allowed avatars to be shown alongside posts. This was a couple of years before I had ever heard of the forum.

I am not sure why Robeth dug the old chestnut up, but there are certainly posts more surreal than this one to decipher.
Well thank you so much for clearing up this one! Yes, the surreality that surrounds certain ancient threads surreptitiously inspires resurrection... doh...blasted Florida sun... :sun1:

·
Registered
327 Posts
S&W Triker said:
Something about posting pictures...hmm..like this? :shock:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I.M.Winginit said:
[quote="S&W Triker":12by6mqg]What is this post about?? Maybe I rode too long today and am suffering from mind melt, but I just can't figure this one out... :wink:
Something about posting pictures...hmm..like this? :shock:[/quote:12by6mqg]
Hey! Where've you been?! We all rode to LaBelle for breakfast and then around the Big Lake...excellent day....you should've joined us! and get the heck away from that Holiday parking lot...

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
S&W Triker said:
What is this post about??
I think
robeth just discovered that ctl+scroll wheel can change the font size ...
it's a nifty little trick when you first see it
... even if it is from 4 years agao

:)
Dennis

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
wingwing said:
S&W Triker said:
What is this post about??
I think
robeth just discovered that ctl+scroll wheel can change the font size ...
it's a nifty little trick when you first see it
... even if it is from 4 years agao

:)
Dennis
robeth is slow.......as proof I offer the fact that it's taken me 3 days to respond after digging it up.

Actually, I was a little bored one day and just went to the end page and read a few old posts for fun. Saw this trick and responded to it. Hope all had fun reading "a blast from the past." :D

Ride safely all.

Bob E.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Re:

robeth said:
Actually, I was a little bored one day and just went to the end page and read a few old posts for fun. Saw this trick and responded to it. Hope all had fun reading "a blast from the past." :D
If you like that trick, try this one:

Open Firefox and put "about:config" as the URL. You'll see options that you never knew you could adjust.

Watch what you do, however. This is dangerous territory to tread. :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts