GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past Sunday morning at 12:30 AM, a good friend of mine lost his battle with cancer and left us behind. He was much too young to die. But cancer could care less how old you are. It will strike whom it wants without warning.

George was a performing member of the Northwest Wings Motorcycle Drill Team. He last performed several weeks ago, before becoming too weak to ride. He loved riding his 1800 Goldwing and it showed. He was very good at it. He was quick with a smile and never complained about the hand he had been dealt. Maybe it was is background. George flew jets for the US Navy in Vietnam. He was always in his words, "Good to Go".

His wife and family will miss him a great deal. So will I.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I rode many miles with George & Lois with chapter A in Wa. He was surely one of the great guys. Always smiling and quick to kid around. He always called himself 'Bulletproof George'. I will miss him, as will any of the folks who knew him.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sounds like you have many great memories to keep with you during this tough time.

Prayers go out to you and his family.

Dep

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I too lost a very close friend to cancer in 2001. :cry: :cry: My condolences also are for you and his family.

It can be tough. When I think of Tommy I really get a smile on my face when I remember the great times we spent together. He got me into this world of ridin two wheels. I guess that is why I ride so much. I actually feel at times that he is really with me.

I just sold my first motorcycle to RRIXX last week. It is the one I bought and Tommy and I got'er goin, so to speak.

It is tough and will be tough to lose your best friend or close friend. You just have to keep the good memories alive and it will get easier...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Bud,
Your in our thoughts.
I know exactly what your going thru. I have a dog that is dying of cancer and I am going to have to put her down tomorrow. Its just me and her and she is like a daughter to me. I have been crying for days knowing this day would come. I am going to be so lost with out her, as you will be with out your friend, but we will both get over it in time and move on. It will be tough to do though.

Take care.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts