GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seat !!!!
i hate the seat !!! i sink plum down to the frame !! ouch !!!
caint ride it more than 30-40 miles at a time...
love everything else about it...
dids i tell you ??? i hate the seat ???
lol !!
buckweet :shock:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jim..............i hate it !!!!
lol !!
buckweet

·
Registered
837 Posts
buckweet said:
jim..............i hate it !!!!
lol !!
buckweet
LOL Buckweet. Watch this thread you started here. Your gonna get lots of recommendations for aftermarket seats. Personally, I really like the stock seat. It works great for me, but that's just me and my skinny butt. :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I spent about $20.00 on the wooden beads.
They have made a big difference in my riding enjoyment.
Or, just maybe, my butt is getting used to the GL1800 seat after riding more than 10,000km this past season.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've got over 10k on my bike now..
thought i'ed get used to it by now.....but ??? noooooo !!!
im big.6'1'' 333 pounds...[just call me slim !]
i've heard about corbin seats...and Dan just e-mailed me about his seats...
going to have to do something.
but ??
im poor
just making the payments each month...only 680 payments to go..... LOL !!!
honestly.i just love this bike..my better half loves her seat.
maybe by the time i get back from iraq..i'll have some mony...and the first thing i'll do is buy a custom seat !!!
buckweet :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Don Stefanik said:
I spent about $20.00 on the wooden beads.
Don, are you using the black beads with the straps that hang on to the seat? If so, where did you get them. I'm using a cutdown set of beads from Walmart right now.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I purchased these from Canadian Tire .
Walmart should have them as well.
I just cut the fish line and it held together quit well.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Dave......after riding for an hour or so you just kind of roll your butt back and forth a little and it gives you a message of sorts.
It feels good..... :roll:

One other thing about the beads. I don't have them tied down anymore. I take Carol's off and put it in the saddle bag when she's not with me. Mine is held in place by MY butt. When I get off the bike it still stay's in place.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had a Russell on my 1500 and thought it was the best. I tried the corbin on my 1800 and once I got used to how hard it was, I can ride all day, day after day. I had my bike in for an update and had the opportunity to ride my old 1500. We had a long weekend of riding and I thought that russell was going to kill me after 1000 miles. My hips hurt real bad. Maybe it is getting used to the seat you own, but I do enjoy my corbin.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I have the beads from WalMart on my seat. I covered them with a black towell so they are not obvious to most folks.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
At 5'6", I am not that uncomfortable for 5 hour runs, but purchase Air Vent cushions from Texas. All day ride with no discomfort and use only for long trips. Dislike the price tag, poor dealer attitudes, tire wear factor, stock speakers, radio volume, pocket and case latches quality, hard to reach wire harness connectors, and speedo inacuracy from stock. But then my other half has flaws too!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts