GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great week so far 3100 miles,2000 of that relearning again how to take twisties without grinding the crap out of everything underneath. Had a few great meals , cooked over fire some, and snacked heavily. Weather has been normal. Hit rain for brief periods ,but it's hot so I ride through it to cool off. I am on the road by 6am and back to campsite by hour or so after dark. Awesome motorcycle campgrounds, these guys are bigger bike freaks than I am :thumbup: Trout steam in front of campgrounds ,Sunday trout is my plan for supper. Can't say I miss you guys or Wi. really ,but obviously I was thinking about all ya. ;) Oh this will be news soon so I will tell ya. Got a firm warning outside of Cherokee and another on Ga. Border. Something about passing on double yellow & could not lock you on radar around corner but that much sparks, you were speeding :shrug: Well up at 6:30 for the best Eggs at Jeoys Pancake House in Maggie Valley,NC and a side of pancakes ,so nitty nite :tongue: Rumor has it YellowWolf maybe joining us :excited: He's the reason I bought GL1800 :excited: really excited. Have a great day my fellow cheese heads !!

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Sounds like you are having an ausome time Rail!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you continue to have a great trip:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
3100 miles? I think that might just bump Rail back into 2nd place . . . . .

John had better go for a ride . . . . Like to Seattle . . . .

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loving every minute of it !!

Sounds like you are having an ausome time Rail!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you continue to have a great trip:thumbup:
3100 miles? I think that might just bump Rail back into 2nd place . . . . .

John had better go for a ride . . . . Like to Seattle . . . .

:popcorn:
3477 Saturday 11:28pm :thumbup: 7 days left hummnn 350 min per day plus 1100 back home .... Seattle by way of Mexico ;)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
3477 Saturday 11:28pm :thumbup: 7 days left hummnn 350 min per day plus 1100 back home .... Seattle by way of Mexico ;)
Randy, want should I tell you how many miles a certain yellow bike has thats in a certain western state, or do you want that to be a suprise for later to keep your spirits high for now ???

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randy, want should I tell you how many miles a certain yellow bike has thats in a certain western state, or do you want that to be a suprise for later to keep your spirits high for now ???
Hummnn let's keep them high for now shall we.;)

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Oh the suspense. No one is wondering about 1500rider either. I heard he was planning on attending RG2011 via Maine and Florida and leaving 2 weeks early so he could do some riding once he gets there. We also have to consider JDBrider. He is still on his Alaska trip and no report of milage. I heard he was getting up early everyday and going for a ride just to stay ahead of his wife Leanne.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
All I can say is I did go buy 2 sets of Stones on Wed and raced home in front of the storm pulling the trl.

Got close to home and had the wick turned up and saw the Leo driving in front of me but was more worried about my view in the mirror went by him in the 75 mph range and looked at him he looked at me and I kept going think he did not want to stand outside and right ticket with what was coming either.

And yes I do THANK him for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Great week so far 3100 miles,2000 of that relearning again how to take twisties without grinding the crap out of everything underneath. Had a few great meals , cooked over fire some, and snacked heavily. Weather has been normal. Hit rain for brief periods ,but it's hot so I ride through it to cool off. I am on the road by 6am and back to campsite by hour or so after dark. Awesome motorcycle campgrounds, these guys are bigger bike freaks than I am :thumbup: Trout steam in front of campgrounds ,Sunday trout is my plan for supper. Can't say I miss you guys or Wi. really ,but obviously I was thinking about all ya. ;) Oh this will be news soon so I will tell ya. Got a firm warning outside of Cherokee and another on Ga. Border. Something about passing on double yellow & could not lock you on radar around corner but that much sparks, you were speeding :shrug: Well up at 6:30 for the best Eggs at Jeoys Pancake House in Maggie Valley,NC and a side of pancakes ,so nitty nite :tongue: Rumor has it YellowWolf maybe joining us :excited: He's the reason I bought GL1800 :excited: really excited. Have a great day my fellow cheese heads !!

Rail, great read. I'm so glad you like it down here in the southern states. But, you'll have to start saying "ya'll" instead of "ya". lol

My wife and I visit Wisconsin every so often because we have family up there. (She also used to live in the north woods in Minocqua.) I can say WI is my favorite place to go outside my home state, especially in the winter! You guys have great pride in your state, understandably so!

Once a cheese-head, always a cheese-head.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I can say is I did go buy 2 sets of Stones on Wed and raced home in front of the storm pulling the trl.

Got close to home and had the wick turned up and saw the Leo driving in front of me but was more worried about my view in the mirror went by him in the 75 mph range and looked at him he looked at me and I kept going think he did not want to stand outside and right ticket with what was coming either.

And yes I do THANK him for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice ;) I am seeing at lot more LEO here than ever before. Did somebody let them know I was coming;)
Rail, great read. I'm so glad you like it down here in the southern states. But, you'll have to start saying "ya'll" instead of "ya". lol

My wife and I visit Wisconsin every so often because we have family up there. (She also used to live in the north woods in Minocqua.) I can say WI is my favorite place to go outside my home state, especially in the winter! You guys have great pride in your state, understandably so!

Once a cheese-head, always a cheese-head.
Ya'll said some nice stuff right there. :bow: Wi. Is a great state and kinda a riding secert to most of US. But there ain't nottin like these good ole smooth twisties here. Bike took a good beating yesterday. Gotta be 2 lbs lighter:nojoke: Crash bars on both sides are no longer pretty:cool: Yesterday I was being filmed and y'all know what I am like normally with a camera being pointed at me. Well aim supposed to be sleeping in today. So turn down this Internet chit chat so I can get some more much needed rest please. Oh Loren best BBQ in state slated for Monday. 12 Bones in Asheville ,,look it up an drool my BBQ eating friend. Everybody I take there is floored :nojoke: when they take there first tender mouth watering bite. Than they get to the sides like smoked tater salad & corn pudding . HOW am I going to sleep now. heck I might as well start fire and fry thick cut peppered bacon to go with farmer eggs and pancakes. later fellow cheese heads,wanna be cheese heads , and former cheese heads.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Well here is a couple of pics of one of your own LOL Willie and I didn't take as many pics as we have before but here are a couple. If you notice it nothing different than he is at home LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice ;) I am seeing at lot more LEO here than ever before. Did somebody let them know I was coming;)

Ya'll said some nice stuff right there. :bow: Wi. Is a great state and kinda a riding secert to most of US. But there ain't nottin like these good ole smooth twisties here. Bike took a good beating yesterday. Gotta be 2 lbs lighter:nojoke: Crash bars on both sides are no longer pretty:cool: Yesterday I was being filmed and y'all know what I am like normally with a camera being pointed at me. Well aim supposed to be sleeping in today. So turn down this Internet chit chat so I can get some more much needed rest please. Oh Loren best BBQ in state slated for Monday. 12 Bones in Asheville ,,look it up an drool my BBQ eating friend. Everybody I take there is floored :nojoke: when they take there first tender mouth watering bite. Than they get to the sides like smoked tater salad & corn pudding . HOW am I going to sleep now. heck I might as well start fire and fry thick cut peppered bacon to go with farmer eggs and pancakes. later fellow cheese heads,wanna be cheese heads , and former cheese heads.
Not that I can say I'm proud of it, but Obama stopped at 12 Bones to have a little BBQ when he was at the Grove Park getting in some golf. It does have some great BBQ!

My wife had planned to eat at the Blue Ridge Dining room that weekend..........when we found out he was there we changed our plans. lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yup, in his natural habitat...

Glad you had/having a good time! :thumbup:
Is that something you are supposed to eat? :tongue:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
joeys is like 4 miles from my house,lol

to bad im in north dakota,lol

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that something you are supposed to eat? :tongue:
Sweet potato casserole !!,:thumbup::thumbup: not supposed to,I inhaled it.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
joeys is like 4 miles from my house,lol

to bad im in north dakota,lol

have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry: Next year and I will let you buy since you where not here now. Party at Yellowolf's house Friday than. :joke::lol:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yesterday I was being filmed and y'all know what I am like normally with a camera being pointed at me. Well aim supposed to be sleeping in today.

I want to see that video when you get your hands on it... :excited:

OK???
:shrug: :?: :shrug:

Man, I wish I was there...
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
We know!:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts