GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the bike a week now. Never worked on a wing at all before. I wanted to install the autocom with bike-to-bike, mp3, ..etc. and get power to my gps.

Where to get 12v power? used the search feature- BOOM there it is under the left fairing pocket.
How to remove the seat? search - BOOM there it is, remove rear handrail bolts, lift back and up.
How to get those crazy fairing pocket liners out? search -BOOM there it is, press the dot in the middle of the rivit.
How to raise the upper shelf to run wires? search - BOOM there it is, remove the fairing strips, bolts, and two nuts on the bottom rear.

Got it all done in about an hour. Almost like I knew what I was doing. :) All back together and working fine.

But I did order Harmons DVD's today anyway and will be ordering the service manual soon. :)

Anyway, having a resource like this makes having the bike a lot more fun.

Just wanted to say thanks.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
backwoods.........

I agree----it's a great resource...........even for things you never knew you needed or felt you ever wanted!!! :lol:

.......do me a favor - easy on the chrome 8)

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Backwoods,

Not only will you find good information here on this board,
If you're as lucky as me you 'll find some great friends here as well.
They don't get any better than Hedo and the Dawg.

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

·
Registered
902 Posts
FYI, the left fairing pocket 12V accessory (red) socket to hook up a plug for your mp3, gps, etc. is only a 5 amp fuse and the wire is only for a 5 amp fuse. So if you are popping this fuse, you will have to run a separate higher gauge stranded wire line with a bigger in line fuse and ground wire from the battery.

You will be glad you purchsed Fred's DVD set and the service manual. Makes working on the bike easier and both will save you $. Have fun.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
backwoods said:
Ok, now I'm starting to wonder about this board. :)
Welcome to the board. Yu ain't seen nuttin yet... Wait until you meet the bunch from Atlanta. They like to ride and are headed up by a guy by the name of TOYO... Now he is the one to watch out fer... :wink: :wink:

Oh I forgot... You will have to meet the bunch from the Dayton, Ohio area. They are headed up by the POLECAT.... Now there is a real stinker there.. :wink: :wink:

I have been on this board for three years and I will have to say that 99.9% of the people here are all good. It is always fun to meet another new member. Sometimes we do not all agree on somehting but that is what life is partially made up of.

5Ross

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to this group of NUTS. OK Dawg, share the love with all of us.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Glenn

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm also pretty new to this board and the world of goldwings, so far I really like both :!: I have found out a lot from this board and would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving :!: :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Oooooo. Another local.

We're riding tomorrow; are you coming?
Locally, we're meeting at the BP station in the Walmart parking lot at exit 20 on 575 at 0730. We're taking a few pig trails to Blairesville then 76 over to Clayton, meet up with the other rebels, then we start the ride.
I would imagine we'll have quite a good time; we're fun people. :wink:

Click this:
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=72061

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Gee's ! A guy goes away hunting for awhile and then comes back to group hugs, kisses, and everyone loving everybody. You guys had too many Corona's ?............... :roll:

·
Registered
264 Posts
backwoods, you are dead on brother.if we charged for info everytime someone asked , we would be rich instead of being wing broke from accessories. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
All kidding aside, this board is invaluble to any Goldwing owner. I purchased my bike in Feburary 2006 and it was just a plain virgin bike. I can not say how much I have learned about all aspects of maintenance and care for my 2004. Between this board, Fred's videos and paying Hal's salary for a year (on Assc and chrome) I have the a ultimate bike to be proud of and a great group of guys that I can count on for priceless advise. Thanks to all that have helped.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Oooooo. Another local.

We're riding tomorrow; are you coming?
Locally, we're meeting at the BP station in the Walmart parking lot at exit 20 on 575 at 0730. We're taking a few pig trails to Blairesville then 76 over to Clayton, meet up with the other rebels, then we start the ride.
I would imagine we'll have quite a good time; we're fun people. :wink:

Click this:
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=72061
What happened to Ryan's.....you guys don't want to tempt anyone to delay you with a bit breakfast??

Sorry I will miss it......I know you guys will have a blast. Go easy on the "new guy" I know what a grueling test ride that can be :wink:

Have fun be careful!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
steve s said:
What happened to Ryan's.....you guys don't want to tempt anyone to delay you with a bit breakfast??
Mr. & Mrs. Trialsman force-fed me turkey and fixins yesterday 'til I 'sploded. I don't need to eat until February.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts