GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told Lonestartrikes Gary that I wasn't intending to wash the Trike until at least the first 95 degree day or the middle of April. :oops: Yesterday it was 91 Whuuuuuu that was close, but today it is supposed to be even higher, Maybe 95-96 :eek: I have to work, and don't want to waste good ridding to wash the Trike, after I close (maybe early :yes1: )....

What to do Wash or Ride :?:

We are in a drought, and I really should conserve the water; Hummmmm I may have an out...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hey Buddy, just wash the windshield and call it good enough! Charley

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charley,
That is normally what I do, and the mirrors. I like seeing where I was, as much as where I is headed..

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Washing cars or trikes....that is what the wife is for.....:doorag:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
I told Lonestartrikes Gary that I wasn't intending to wash the Trike until at least the first 95 degree day or the middle of April. :oops: Yesterday it was 91 Whuuuuuu that was close, but today it is supposed to be even higher, Maybe 95-96 :eek: I have to work, and don't want to waste good ridding to wash the Trike, after I close (maybe early :yes1: )....

What to do Wash or Ride :?:

We are in a drought, and I really should conserve the water; Hummmmm I may have an out...:shrug:
I smell another business opportunity here George? :thumbup:

What a great idea!

As we speak all Trike building has ceased, we are loading buckets and sponges and micro-fiber towels into one of our handy-dandy fancy white trailers. We're goin' into mobile "Trike Washin" !!! :yes: And it's all because of you! :beer3:
I'll be stopping by PA to wash 'Silverhawks' first, then on to Iowa to spruce up 'Stumpy's' machine. Later next month we'll set up near Emmitt's "Alabama Hoot and Holler Trike Blowout", then we'll see you and the boys in Kerrville for what could be a nationally televised Trike extravaganza of untold proportions.

And even though Pres. Obama and congress promised to pull our collective behinds out of the hole Washington got us into I'm not waiting! I'm creating jobs. Good jobs. I'm hiring at $89,562.88 to start (got the idea from Wal-Mart for the .88 cents.) Anybody interested apply online at www.I'mtired/of/washin'/myowntrike.com

And thanks to Missouri Charley's Windshield suggestion he wins "Top Sales Idea" for the 1st Quarter of 2009.

P.S. George, David said he looks forward to turnin' the hose on you too>:22yikes:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't forget to stop by my place when u make the loop. I will even provide a FREE bottle of water to the work crew.

·
Registered
952 Posts
We rode through a good rain storm on the way to Medina last Saturday.
Does that count as a wash?

:shrug:

-Dan

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I smell another business opportunity here George? :thumbup:

What a great idea!

As we speak all Trike building has ceased, we are loading buckets and sponges and micro-fiber towels into one of our handy-dandy fancy white trailers. We're goin' into mobile "Trike Washin" !!! :yes: And it's all because of you! :beer3:
I'll be stopping by PA to wash 'Silverhawks' first, then on to Iowa to spruce up 'Stumpy's' machine. Later next month we'll set up near Emmitt's "Alabama Hoot and Holler Trike Blowout", then we'll see you and the boys in Kerrville for what could be a nationally televised Trike extravaganza of untold proportions.

And even though Pres. Obama and congress promised to pull our collective behinds out of the hole Washington got us into I'm not waiting! I'm creating jobs. Good jobs. I'm hiring at $89,562.88 to start (got the idea from Wal-Mart for the .88 cents.) Anybody interested apply online at www.I'mtired/of/washin'/myowntrike.com

And thanks to Missouri Charley's Windshield suggestion he wins "Top Sales Idea" for the 1st Quarter of 2009.

P.S. George, David said he looks forward to turnin' the hose on you too>:22yikes:
LoneStarTrikes (Gary) ole buddy, ole pal. Thanks for the offer to clean my pretty Orange trike. Wooooooo Hooooooo!! :excited: It hasn't been cleaned since my last ride out prior to my medical demise. Looking forward to seeing that beautiful rig out shining and sparkling in the sun. :thumbup: If it ever comes out. :-( Now, Regarding my location....although I'm only about 20 minutes from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania line, I'm still a Mountaineer from West (By God) Virginia. I know you remembered that, but I understand, and am very empathetic about the PMS issues you must be going through right now, so I forgive you. After all, what are good buds for? Right? Regarding the business .... sounds like you might just have a plan there. You bringing the stuff to Cats - Cade when you leave WV headed north? ;) You might just have a winner there! :congrats:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Oh goody somebody to talk to after lunch:popcorn:

Going back up the list::thumbup:

"Silverhawk", good and dear friend of mine, I find it too risky to venture into your, "Almost Heaven West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenadoah River" (as John Denver put so nicely)

Rumor has it my ex moved back there and lives "high up on a ridge, just a half a mile from the Mississippi Bridge!"

And knowing her family which consisits of Great Grandpa, (3)Grandpa's, (1)Pa, (19) Uncles, (397) Cousins and (13) Brothers I feel it wouldn't be worth the $10.00 I would make washing yer 'Trike there. I will send 'beastie' instead. He zips through them curves and can out run any mountain monsters.........

KJ5IX aka George Patrick..... We're charging for all Trikes except Yeller ones, now go take a shower.

Danbgt ........ only counts if you were naked.

KJ5IX. says :wrong:........ why? This was your idea? Take a shower.

And George L........ still having the little Mrs. wash your Trike huh? And just when the swelling from last time went down.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Last I was told George never heard the shot!:frown:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Gary in keeping with the spirit of fellowship heres a few helpers for you. But you have to promise them it will be at least 90 degrees.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Oh goody somebody to talk to after lunch:popcorn:

Going back up the list::thumbup:

"Silverhawk", good and dear friend of mine, I find it too risky to venture into your, "Almost Heaven West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenadoah River" (as John Denver put so nicely)

Rumor has it my ex moved back there and lives "high up on a ridge, just a half a mile from the Mississippi Bridge!"

And knowing her family which consisits of Great Grandpa, (3)Grandpa's, (1)Pa, (19) Uncles, (397) Cousins and (13) Brothers I feel it wouldn't be worth the $10.00 I would make washing yer 'Trike there. I will send 'beastie' instead. He zips through them curves and can out run any mountain monsters.........

KJ5IX aka George Patrick..... We're charging for all Trikes except Yeller ones, now go take a shower.

Danbgt ........ only counts if you were naked.

KJ5IX. says :wrong:........ why? This was your idea? Take a shower.

And George L........ still having the little Mrs. wash your Trike huh? And just when the swelling from last time went down.
Gary, good points all. :cool: It does get a little scary around here when you get off the main roads. As long as you carry, and have WV plates on the vehicle, you are pretty safe around these mountain folks. Just know, we do have the best motorcycle riding east of the Mississippi in our little ole State. And, the reputation we have developed does keep the Riff Raff (oooops - sorry Doug, not meaning you :thumbup:) from desecrating our beautifully curvy blacktop. And it keeps us relatively free from those nasty cages. Ahhhhhhh, Almost Heaven here. Yep. You're right. Just watch out for some of your ex's relatives ... they have a tendency to wander. Watch yer six my man!! :shock: $10.00 eh? What a deal!! Can't wait! :excited:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
BigMick! You da' man! This is better than Craiglist! Those "HELPERS" you found not only are hired but they get full benefits too! Hey, didn't you post the picture of the little Pirate cutie a few weeks ago? Hire her too! You're my VP in charge of recruitin' cuties.

See how easy building a business still is in this country? In less than four hours George P. (my bestest buddy in North Texas) goes from not washing his Trike for (6) months to Vice President of "LoneStar's Trike Sprucer Uppers, Inc." George your first perk will be a free Trike wash by our hot and talented mobile wash team. I say 'hot' because they're being promised it will always be at least 90 degrees. BigMick work on that and get it down to 38 degrees for all the Trikes north of Kentucky. Uniforms remain the same though.

Silverhawk I have not forgotten you in all this. Your state which I have ridden many times and loved every curve (not as much as the picture above though) will host the nations first 'Automatic Trike Wash'. BigMick will hire WV based HELPERS for us and (once you're feeling up to it) you will become Executive Vice President in charge of LTSU's central east coast operations. We just have to figure out how to wash the Trikes but keep the riders dry.

Who wants that job?

And Stumpy of course Iowa's yours. Wash 'em with water though not Tomato Soup OK?

If my stimulas check doesn't arrive or bounces when I cash it and my financial backing from Washington doesn't materalize I guess we could go back to washing our own Trikes. But that won't affect George P. will it?

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's good thing the Internet is vast or endless. Sure glad we won't have to worry about where to shovel this stuff that's said on here!:thumbup::coffee1::yes1::22yikes:
LOL!:agree:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got off the hook :yes: :yes1: High was 93.8.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeew That was close:eek:4: Cold front coming in for the week end; going to be in the 50/60 for Sat and Sun. gettin out the liners again.
:lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts