GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Selling any motorcycle this time of year is difficult:(

I am sending the dealer digital pictures of the Indian and I'll see what happens!

Thanks everyone for the comments:)

Sam

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am 6’3”. The ergonomics are fine. Occasionally my knees formerly hit the fairing. I had the seat redone by Wingsoft, mainly for more padding, but he did move me back a bit, and now that is fine. I am at about 13,000 on my 2018 dct and love it.
I replaced the windshield, which was fine for warm weather and short rides. The F4 offers more protection.
I think many of us would agree that the major shortcoming
of the 2018 is the luggage capacity, but there are various fixes for that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am 6’5” with 36” inseam and after installing a Seth Laam seat, which moved me back an inch, heli-bar risers & Rivco Highway pegs, I have plenty of room. I have 33k on my18 non-tour DCT and I would buy again in a heartbeat! Seem to be some really good deals on leftover 18’s and 19’s. Good luck and ride safe! Pikester5

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Still waiting for the Dealer to respond???????
I believe that things happen or don't happen for a reason, so I won't intervene and act too anxious and give 'them' the upper hand.
Sam

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Where are you Porkie? The high volume dealers will work with you if you are so inclined for a fly and drive or drive and drive.

I did a fly and drive and they beat the stuffings out of any price I could get within driving distance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Price getting down to $18K ? Oh oh. Now I may have to start thinking about one. To me, everything has its price, and this is getting close to that point. Ohhh dang. And I was doing so well. Well, not that well I guess.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Still waiting for the Dealer to respond???????
I believe that things happen or don't happen for a reason, so I won't intervene and act too anxious and give 'them' the upper hand.
Sam
Any update? Guess dealers do not care about selling bikes anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tried to purchase an '18 Tour DCT from a dealer in Wisconsin. We had the price all worked out on Friday and he said that he would call on Monday to finalize everything. Well, he called today and said that the price was now $2000 higher because Honda made a change in their dealer program in mid Feb. that the dealership had not been aware of. Needless to say, I told him where he could go and hung up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts